· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Selaginella Wildenowii - Peacock Fern

0 Not allowed!
    Have I told any of you that I am kind of a dumbass? I always tell people "reasearch before you buy" and "know what you're getting before you get it." Sometimes I wish I'd listen to myself...

So I'm in Petco (mistake #1) and I see a bunch of plants on clearance. They are in those little plastic tubes that they sell plants in. They are marked "Live Aquatic Plant, For Freshwater Aquariums." They are cheap and look cool so I say what the hell and buy a few bunches.

Turns out the plant isn't an aquatic plant. It dies when maintained underwater. Oh well, maybe I'll make a terranium.

Visit me at Rochester Aquarium Service or read my blog for information on selecting Attractive Aquarium Stands

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your award. - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    really? this isnt an aquatic plant? dang. I just got a tube with 4 in it from petsmart today for like 4 bucks. i also didnt do any research about it first. i just went to pick some stuff up, saw it there, and decided to go for it since it was cheap. this is the second time iv gotten a plant from them that want aquatic it seems. do they even have aquatic plants? oh well, i guess ill just wait it out and see what happens...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congrats on MOTM! - Jacko   Another round for my friends - mommy1   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Thanks for your kind words in my blog, it really dose help - Cliff   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - The Red Severum   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Red Severum   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Red Severum   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - The Red Severum   HIV/AIDS - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    all the tubes usually don't have aquatic plants in them..

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift! Thank you for all your great posts =D - Ryuu   for guessing till your gills turned red!  you deserve one!  lol - KrytterKrys   Have a gift! - Tolley   For all your kind comments. Thank you - Celtic Fins   I thought you needed a front. - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    I've gotten some nice amazon swords from them and I've seen anubius in those tubes.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by troy
    I've gotten some nice amazon swords from them and I've seen anubius in those tubes.
    Really means to research before you buy, as Troy obviously did, since he knew what he was looking at.

Dave

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Unhappy how is it doing so far?

0 Not allowed!
    Hey, how is your plant doing so far? Is it alive (underwater)?
    I got that today... replacing another non-aquatic plant (javanicum fern)(Petsmart) with it...
    :(
    this seems so confusing... why would "TopFin" sell something as aquatic when it is not? Interesting...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

First fish for your AC Aquarium! - Brookfish   Fronts do better in groups, - Brookfish   Have one from me too :-) - Celtic Fins   Thought you could use another. - mattsbottleofjager   Thanks for playing - Celtic Fins   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - violet   

Lightbulb I have several

0 Not allowed!
    I purchased several of this plant (hygrophila difformis (wisteria) from pet smart on 7/17/09 and have had much success with them. They have grown and are beautiful plants that I enjoy. They are fully submersed and have been for the entire time that I've had them. Not one of the plants have died... Maybe the water you have them in is too hard.. check into that.

Quote Originally Posted by rocaquarium
    Have I told any of you that I am kind of a dumbass? I always tell people "reasearch before you buy" and "know what you're getting before you get it." Sometimes I wish I'd listen to myself...

So I'm in Petco (mistake #1) and I see a bunch of plants on clearance. They are in those little plastic tubes that they sell plants in. They are marked "Live Aquatic Plant, For Freshwater Aquariums." They are cheap and look cool so I say what the hell and buy a few bunches.

Turns out the plant isn't an aquatic plant. It dies when maintained underwater. Oh well, maybe I'll make a terranium.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Sharkman   not exactly chloroform but close enough - wolf_eyes   For the tank!lol - Northernguy   Thanks for saving me from an ass whoopin'! - rageybug   Happy Easter! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by violet
    I purchased several of this plant (hygrophila difformis (wisteria) from pet smart on 7/17/09 and have had much success with them. They have grown and are beautiful plants that I enjoy. They are fully submersed and have been for the entire time that I've had them. Not one of the plants have died... Maybe the water you have them in is too hard.. check into that.

The problem isnt that his water is too hard, its that the plant cant survive underwater
    Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

First fish for your AC Aquarium! - Brookfish   Fronts do better in groups, - Brookfish   Have one from me too :-) - Celtic Fins   Thought you could use another. - mattsbottleofjager   Thanks for playing - Celtic Fins   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - violet   

Default ???

0 Not allowed!
    actually... mine (wisteria and peacock fern,both bought in tubes at pet smart) are surviving under water and beautifully I may add.... so why isn't his???