· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   buy a new heater - hobbs   For going off to fight for our country - Drumachine09   I just wanted to get myself a little something nice. - Glasstapper   

Default golden wonder killie

0 Not allowed!
    I saw a whole tank full of these at my LFS the other day, and I was wondering if anyone had ever kept these? I've never seen them before, but they were very pretty.
    This is my witty and clever signature. You like? :)

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    glasstapper-

I've been looking at the also. My local Petsmart has a tankful everytime I go in there. They do look pretty, but also a little lazy....just hangin under the surface in 1 spot. Every once in a while I'll see one move from one spot to another. I'm debating if I should put a small one in my 10 gal with my ruby red female betta.
    Kevin

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    I had a golden wonder and most fish he didn't bother with. Others he chased unmercifully. They stay at the top of the water all day so don't know how they'd do with danio's, if that is a concern.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   Great advice thanks - nraposa   Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09   Always good answers - Lady Hobbs   You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    I have a bunch in my 40 and they get too big for a 10. The males can hit 4". They are a great fish though.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist and Published Author in Multiple Aquarium Magazines
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Advanced Aquarium Concepts: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    they are great beginner killies and will breed with just a little java moss to lay eggs in, you can keep them with any fish but those fish that might think they are food, they will generally spend ALL of their time near the surface completely out of the way of most fish. the tank cover needs to cover the entire tank no exceptions or they will jump out.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    I had one. He was aggressive with some fish and not at all with others.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I had one a few years ago- he was fine with all my fish...until I added some very small rasboras and they fit nicely in his mouth. Hmph. Anyway- always up near the top. I'd drop in an algae disk and he's catch it and swi around with it like a dog with a frisbee. Jumped out of the tank the first time- got him back in. He just laid calmly in my hand waiting to be put back- no flopping at all. Then one day I found him dead on the counter. Poor thing. Suicide fish.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Talking My Golden Killie

0 Not allowed!
    My Killie loves to chase my dwarf puffer. When I first got my killie he went up to my puffer who was about a half an inch long and tried to eat him. That was the first time I saw Puffy puff up. My killie could barely get him out of his mouth. Scince then Puffy stays away from the Killie. Even though the killie stalks him once in a while.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default my golden killie

0 Not allowed!
    My killie pretty much does'nt bother any of my other fish. He just hangs out at the top pretty much all day. Sometimes he will move to another spot and every once and awhile he will go to the bottom and then come back up. Whenever i feed him he attacks the food in quick jolts, holding big pieces in his mouth sometimes. I have had him for only about a month and hes around 2 inches and doing fine. No name for him yet.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I have two golden wonder killis one male one female and a red tail shark in the same thank because the store owner said i could do so, but i left for 3 days and when i came back the females tail was almost all gone.

does anybody know what could of happend ?