· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: Yabbies !!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

wonderful photos - Lady Hobbs   more discus for you - Lady Hobbs   A blueram for you sir!!!!! - jbeining75   Love your discus - sailor   Poor bastard..  Have a nip for the pain.. - doug z   
    Childhood Cancer - SkinnyChicken   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SkinnyChicken   

Smile Yabbies !!

0 Not allowed!
    I was cleaning out my pond on Saturday and found two Yabbies in the bottom of the muck - they must have been in there for a good while as they are quite large. We have only been moved into the house for 6 weeks and the house is only five years old so I guess at the very most the crayfish could be 5 years old too. Though I am not sure how big they grow or how fast either.

I'm kicking myself now as I didn't take photos before I put them back in the nice clean pond but just thought I'd share my little find with you all as my wide wasn't quite as excited as me and the kids were :)

You can have it done good, cheap, and fast. Pick any two.
    80g (300L) - Discus, Silver Dollars, Corys, Kuhlis, Zebras, Bristlenose Plecs, Flying Foxes, Bumblebee Gobies, Bolivian Rams and a Whiptail Catfish.
    18g (60L) - Lake Tanganyika tank with 3 Neolamprologus multifasciatus and 13 Neon Tetras.
    10g (38L) - 2 male Betta Splendens (Crowntails) - Optimus Prime & Megatron
    Pond (350-450g) - 9 Goldfish, Comets, Shebumpkins & 2 Yabbies.
    Diary Of A Madman (My Blog)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    nice find...........
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Tanks for sharing our hobby - Boertjie   Congrats on new tank and severum - Lady Hobbs   for rescuing the betta! - cocoa_pleco   For being my life partner - Boertjie   for being so good to our underwater friends! - ladyoutlaw50   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Gemstone   

0 Not allowed!
    jeeez........you lucky....ahm....fish!!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

sorry for your oscar :( - angelcakes   word game buddy lol - angelcakes   just to add to your collection - angelcakes   for your many oscars! - Blu-ray   cas plecos are awesome - dean30bb   

0 Not allowed!
    kool thats awsome what type were they i breed blue clawed yabbies

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

wonderful photos - Lady Hobbs   more discus for you - Lady Hobbs   A blueram for you sir!!!!! - jbeining75   Love your discus - sailor   Poor bastard..  Have a nip for the pain.. - doug z   
    Childhood Cancer - SkinnyChicken   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SkinnyChicken   

0 Not allowed!
    You'd be sure to know more about them than me ... they were very dark (blue/black) and had red markings on them ... and that's about all I could tell you. I just Googled for help but it wasn't forthcoming. I wished now I'd left them in the tank a while longer to take photos and examine in a bit more detail - at the time though I just wanted to get them back into the pond as quick as I could seeing as they'd just been ripped from their home in a most unceremonious way. I might look for them again at the weekend.

You can have it done good, cheap, and fast. Pick any two.
    80g (300L) - Discus, Silver Dollars, Corys, Kuhlis, Zebras, Bristlenose Plecs, Flying Foxes, Bumblebee Gobies, Bolivian Rams and a Whiptail Catfish.
    18g (60L) - Lake Tanganyika tank with 3 Neolamprologus multifasciatus and 13 Neon Tetras.
    10g (38L) - 2 male Betta Splendens (Crowntails) - Optimus Prime & Megatron
    Pond (350-450g) - 9 Goldfish, Comets, Shebumpkins & 2 Yabbies.
    Diary Of A Madman (My Blog)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

sorry for your oscar :( - angelcakes   word game buddy lol - angelcakes   just to add to your collection - angelcakes   for your many oscars! - Blu-ray   cas plecos are awesome - dean30bb   

0 Not allowed!
    kool they sound lik ethe normal dam yabbies then there preatty kool they breed quickly but they would probly get eaten quickly as well lol

i noticed that u live in perth WA i got some family over there i go there every year to vist its nice there