· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Paisano!! - alfcea   Con mis mejores deseos para éstas fiestas y el año que está por empezar... - Alfcea   

Default Picture of my Betta Set Up

0 Not allowed!
    This is a picture of my Betta set up, today is the day and I will be getting it shortly, as soon as I have it I'll post pictures, for now... this will be its new home!

I hope you like it!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts - Lady Hobbs   And another - Lady Hobbs   What he had up his --- - Chrona   No, serioulsy. EVERYONE KICK HIM! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gm72   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gm72   

0 Not allowed!
    Very bright and fun! Have you already cycled the tank?
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Paisano!! - alfcea   Con mis mejores deseos para éstas fiestas y el año que está por empezar... - Alfcea   

0 Not allowed!
    Yep.... it cycled in about four weeks with two peppered corys, then I added 6 Neon Tetras and it has been like that for the last 3 weeks, so all in all, it has been running for 8 weeks now (one week empty, just the set up, no fish), I added gravel from a friends established tank and I've been reading 0 ammonia for the last 4 weeks and last week my nitrates were around 10, I haven't tested this week but will do before adding the betta!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts - Lady Hobbs   And another - Lady Hobbs   What he had up his --- - Chrona   No, serioulsy. EVERYONE KICK HIM! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gm72   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gm72   

0 Not allowed!
    Great job!
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a welcome gift - angelcakes   cheer up buddy. - AquaBANG   Welcome and cheer up!!!!!!! - sailor   A small sign of love since I read what happened to you on the other forum. - William   because your cool!! - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    The long awaited betta home!!! LOl, it looks great. Did you decide on live or fake plants? Or are you still thinking about it? They aren't as hard as you think. All of my tanks are planted and they are easy peasy. good job and can't wait to see the betta in his new home!!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for being a nice person! ...and the fiendship! :-) - digital3   Thanks for ID'ing my Apisto - Spyder   youre always so nice! - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas Jess :) - MeganL3985   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Fishalicious   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fishalicious   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Fishalicious   HIV/AIDS - Fishalicious   

0 Not allowed!
    Lovely cheery tank
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default And Finally... after 8 Wks!

0 Not allowed!
    Cheers to all, thanks for all your comments, here it is... after 8 weeks from initial set-up! Rey-Rey the Betta!

I hope you like it...!!!

P.S.
    I'll stick to plastic plants for now... I'm really up to the challenge, and I know I can do it... and also, as you said Kayla, I'm sure it will look a lot better, for now I just need to find a good place that carries them, is not that easy in Mexico!

Cheers
    Last edited by saurjusa; 09-06-2008 at 10:29 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a welcome gift - angelcakes   cheer up buddy. - AquaBANG   Welcome and cheer up!!!!!!! - sailor   A small sign of love since I read what happened to you on the other forum. - William   because your cool!! - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    Very cute!! I love him. And check places like www.ebay.com and www.aquabid.com There are other places online that will ship anywhere that carry live plants, but the thing is, when you order live things like plants you are usually stuck paying for a $30 shipping fee so that are insured to get there. www.drsfosterandsmith.com sell packages. I bought one from there and you get plenty of plants in the packages. Good luck with your new betta and tank!!