· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just because... - alfcea   for starting a saltwater tank - cocoa_pleco   Tanks really coming together! - oldhead   merry christmas - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  :) - KrytterKrys   

Talking Apple snail cleans Mystery snail

0 Not allowed!
    Came home from shopping today to see our apple snail on top of the mystery snail. It appears that the mystery snail has alot of algae on his shell so the apple snail was getting a free meal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congrats on MOTM! - Jacko   Another round for my friends - mommy1   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Thanks for your kind words in my blog, it really dose help - Cliff   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - The Red Severum   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Red Severum   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Red Severum   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - The Red Severum   HIV/AIDS - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    POTM material!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just because... - alfcea   for starting a saltwater tank - cocoa_pleco   Tanks really coming together! - oldhead   merry christmas - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  :) - KrytterKrys   

0 Not allowed!
    I just took a bunch more pictures as they are still doing it. I will choose the best, one without the flash

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    This isn't some sort of crossbreeding ritual...lol, i noticed the Mystery Snail on a mts earlier, we moved the mystery snail into our community last night from our breeder/ quarentine.

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because You Need A Gift - MeganL3985   For Your Green Efforts - MeganL3985   For your great posts! - alfcea   Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea   Thank you for always being willing and quick to help - Gemini   

0 Not allowed!
    They are definitely having sex. Apple snails and mystery snails is the same thing, just different names.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs   right back at ya - sailor   Congrats! - Northernguy   merry christmas - cocoa_pleco   Happy Holidays! - Northernguy   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - robnepper   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    How many eggs do they usually lay? I've never seen that before, it was funny to watch, but its also the first time we had 2 snails together other then mts. Guess i'll start watching the surface for eggs.

I just looked and they are still attached. Its now been around 4 or 5 hours. Wow...lol

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because You Need A Gift - MeganL3985   For Your Green Efforts - MeganL3985   For your great posts! - alfcea   Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea   Thank you for always being willing and quick to help - Gemini   

0 Not allowed!
    They can stick together for up to a day, and they can mate repeatedly pretty much every day or a few times a week.

It can be anywhere from 1 week to a few months before she lays the eggs, but feeding with heaps of fresh vegetables might inspire her to lay them sooner rather than later. She will lay between 200-600 in one clutch, and can lay a clutch about once or twice a week when she gets in the mood.

Just be aware that repeated mating and egg laying will shorten their life spans.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I'll seperate them, wow, that many eggs, we have enough tanks to keep these 2 seperate. I'll put them in a breeder and sell them if the lfs will buy them. Talk about over populating. I wonder whos the female? I would have never put them together if i new they could mate...lol, can't change it now, shes gonna lay soon

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift - The Red Severum   Really nice to see you again! - Lady Hobbs   You need more fish here!lol - Northernguy   Thanks for the rep! - Lindsey   tanks4thecompliment!! =) - Aeonflame   

Default Mystery snails are worse...

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by labnjab
    I'll seperate them, wow, that many eggs, we have enough tanks to keep these 2 seperate. I'll put them in a breeder and sell them if the lfs will buy them. Talk about over populating. I wonder whos the female? I would have never put them together if i new they could mate...lol, can't change it now, shes gonna lay soon
    Mystery snails are worse than rabbits...lol
    “Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

"GoT FiSh?"