· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

View Poll Results: If you could be a fish what would you be?(any kind)

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pufferfish! im cute, every human loves me but when lights out i eat all competition

3 23.08%
  • Piranha!! Im the terror of the waters feared by all!! I devour things in a split second

2 15.38%
  • Electric eel! Zap zap!!

1 7.69%
  • Electric catfish!! I can kill you without even touching you! Zap zap!

0 0%
  • A ultra large goldfish! yay im huge and pretty XD

0 0%
  • A leaf fish! i can just lounge all day and food comes to me! isnt that nice?

0 0%
  • A chameleon fish! now you see me! now you dont!

1 7.69%
  • Lion fish! Im feared by all and shouldnt be messed with!

3 23.08%
  • Rock fish! Awesome! i can blend into my sorroundings and lounge all day

1 7.69%
  • A guppy! Im soo small and elegant who would eat me?

3 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Exclamation Help stock my 10 gallon tank

0 Not allowed!
    WEll i have a ten gallon tank and its like you know getting cycled...im also gonna either try bio-spira or cycle products to speed up the cycling proccess...long story anyways i wann know what kind of pufferfish or predatory fish will be good for a ten gallon tank...and wont get depressed but also active and wont smell bad i heard of the dwarf pufferfish...aka malabar puffer....but its too small its about 1inch maybe 1 1/5inches so i wanted a puffer like maybe from 2-3 1/2? please help

well i also wish to know if sand for freshwater pufferfish is better than black gravel....
    Last edited by gm72; 08-21-2008 at 01:26 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Okay then, well, first get your tank cycled properly. Then realize that a tank won't smell bad unless the water conditions are poor. Are you a beginner at fish keeping? If so, I would strongly recommend against puffers as they are more sensitive than a lot of other fish.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    umm no...but i heard pufferfish are messy eaters....though i know i could keep an otto in there and the plants would help too but i just wanna know...

4. Exclamation

0 Not allowed!
    WELL people!! help me!! ACTUALLY SAY SOMETHING

0 Not allowed!
    We are, read and be patient.

I'll again ask the same questions. You have read that puffers are messy eaters, but are you aware of their care requirements?
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Pretty much they have a sensitive skin i think they require soft sand and non sharp edges xD and most have overgrowing beaks meaning i need snails which it prob wont be hard to breed once i find out how xD they need lots of plantwork for hiding a good filter ummm i think 50%water change weekly?and vaccuming the tank xD never to fully take it out of the water otherwise he stresses and inflates and thats a problem XD umm always keep medicine ready just no copperbased medicine they like live foods but could also take pellets but never flakes xD and to feed it sparingly otherwise itll stink up the place i think you can put an otto catfish with some puffers with malabars you could risk trying ghost shrimps theres a 50% chance he might not spot them i think feed every 3days? make sure the temp is right and waterbalance and so on

0 Not allowed!
    Very good. Now, let's finish getting your tank cycled before we even think about adding fish. Where are you in the cycle? What filtration is on the tank?
    8 tanks running now:

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    umm that i think idk yet XD my father knows how to read em he says im pretty close....and i have to think of fish right now because i have a week left to get one otherwise ill have to wait for next year...cuz my dads a stubborn mule xD like that... long story...XD so what im looking for is a interesting and odd fish id like active...and curious and sign of actual intelligence xD because lets face it fish just go as basic but i want something different it cant excede the 30dollar limit XD

0 Not allowed!
    Okay, well unfortunately you are putting the proverbial cart before the horse.

If the puffer is your first fish I would be willing to bet you will fail in your attempt at keeping them. I strongly recommend you instead go for a more commonly available and hardy fish such as a tetra school along with a small school of corydoras.

Keeping fish is not exactly as easy as I believe you think it is. Simply knowing the parameters required for a certain fish/memorizing what is on a website does not translate well into the actual practice of keeping the fish.
    8 tanks running now: