· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Default Enough light and flow?

0 Not allowed!
    I was just wondering if I had enough light and flow for these coral. I can change them if needed. I am currently running a PC light which gives me 4wpg at 6500K. I only have low flow right now but that can be changed.

I would like to have some Green Star Polyps, zoanthids and some more mushrooms. Also, is there anything else that you would suggest I can put in the tank?? It is a 3.5g pico tank so nothing that will get really big.

0 Not allowed!
    The GSPs and the Zoanthids both like the higher flow but the Mushrooms like very low flow. You lighting is fine though. That color temperature is the best for photosynthesizing but it really makes everything in the tank look yellow. If you want the nice bluish look you really should look for a 10K bulb or even consider a 50/50 bulb.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, well I can easily get another powerhead or a better one for the tank. So for a higher flow what kind of flow should I have in my tank (3.5g)?? About 200gph? or 250-350gph?

0 Not allowed!
    I have 250gph in my 2.5.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Ok. There is a powerhead at my LFS that will give me 200gph in my tank. Do you think that would be efficient enough?? Also, would these conditions, with the 200gph flow, be ok to sustain a ricordea??

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ricordea are very similar to mushrooms, so yes.
    As small as the tank is I wouldn't be too worried about turnover rate....just get the smallest powerhead you can becuase chances are it is going to be half the length of the tank anyways.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Zackish! I am going to go looking for a smaller powerhead that turns over about 200-300gph. I have a feeling that it is going to be hard to find though.