· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Needle Gar Pic

1. Default Needle Gar Pic

0 Not allowed!
    “Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

"GoT FiSh?"

0 Not allowed!
    nice gar.........
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

0 Not allowed!
    very cool fish!!!
    Kim

"Say what you mean and
    Mean what you say"

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My LFS started selling these recently. I am not sure how I feel about it. I just assume they need much more surface space than most tanks can provide.

5. Default well they really dont move much

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drip Loop
    My LFS started selling these recently. I am not sure how I feel about it. I just assume they need much more surface space than most tanks can provide.
    Their big thing is to look like a stick till food comes by, occasionally he switches sides of the tank. I know I need a bigger tank soon though cause he is starting to snap at the sharks when they come into his favorite area too often. And that is very uncommon for this species or so I'm told. I noticed in some videos from thier region that they swim in loose shoals so I really want a larger tank so I can have at least 3 of them.
    “Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

"GoT FiSh?"

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    A guy I know that lives here own his own dock on the Mississippi, he catches their fry every spring and gives them away. I had two of them for a while. Feed them chopped up earth worms on a tooth pick. It's a little scary, but fun.
    The apocalyptic vision of a criminally insane charismatic cult leader....

7. Default Mississippi?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocellaris
    A guy I know that lives here own his own dock on the Mississippi, he catches their fry every spring and gives them away. I had two of them for a while. Feed them chopped up earth worms on a tooth pick. It's a little scary, but fun.
    Well it isnt really a gar. We just call them that cause they look like Gars. These are from Asia.

"GoT FiSh?"

0 Not allowed!
    they only problem is that if they get spooked they will hit the glass and break there beaks....

9. Default 100% correct!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Red Severum
    they only problem is that if they get spooked they will hit the glass and break there beaks....
    I tested him out b4 I brought him and he was the least jumpy. They are just like Irredescent sharks...lol but the thing is some are less "Typical" than others just like anything else in life I guess...hehehe

"GoT FiSh?"

0 Not allowed!
    i have a friend who had one when he dropped something in the same room it went flying into the glass and broke its beak so bad we had to put it down... it was in a 125 and was 4 years old