· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Talking

0 Not allowed!
    peacocks are great for color finders i am quite shore you know how to take care of them but i have a few.

2. Default electric blue ahli

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by reptileguy2727
    Exactly which species of electric blue are we talking about here? (for both people with them)
    I was talking about this:
    The Electric Blue is native only to Lake Malawi in Africa. Historically, this fish was classified in the genus "Haplochromis" and the species "ahli". ...
    If you are not wanting to try cross-breeding, then I wouldn't put these in with Yellow Labs. Just because mine have been getting along, doesn't hold true for all.
    30 gallon salt water tank
    Protein skimmer
    2 power heads
    2 clowns and 3 hermits

Joe C.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    They may get along for now, but once they get bigger and more mature, the others will probably be on the losing end. I got one thinking it was a peacock until he was in the tank and saw how different his body was. He quickly became too aggressive and had to come out. I took him to my work and he sold by the end of the day.

Brent, which electric blue do you have?
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cichlid_Man
    I was talking about this:
    The Electric Blue is native only to Lake Malawi in Africa. Historically, this fish was classified in the genus "Haplochromis" and the species "ahli". ...
    If you are not wanting to try cross-breeding, then I wouldn't put these in with Yellow Labs. Just because mine have been getting along, doesn't hold true for all.
    the point i was trying to make as well. cichlids are very unpredictable

0 Not allowed!
    Even angelfish. That cichlid thing does come out. Several may be fine but there's always that "boss" that doesn't seem to like anything around him at all.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If you want blue and yellow and orange get...
    P. Kennyi (females are pretty blue)
    Yellow Labs
    Red Zebras

All are mbunas, all will grow to about the same size and all are often housed in same aquarium. Haps and mbunas seems like a bad idea.
    Some innocents 'scape not the thunderbolt

7. Default Electric Yellows and Blues

0 Not allowed!
    I had housed Sciaenochromis Freyeri (Electric Blues) and Yellow Labs together in a 55 gallon for a couple of years with no problems. The Male Blue ruled the tank, but no damaging agression. The Yellows and Blue mated several times and what a treasure to watch and monitor these behaviors. There were never any "crossbreedings" These two breeds look beautiful together in a large enough aquarium. Visitors could not believe these were not saltwater fish.

Go for it if these are the variations that are being considered!

8. Default Mixing fish

0 Not allowed!
    I have electric blues and yellows, I also have P Kennyi, Scolofi and Auratus.
    According to what you read, my fish should be dead, but they actually are getting along just fine.
    I switch my rocks around each month or so and nobody gets too territorial.
    Also, as I have posted before, my feeding schedule is set up so they eat four times a day, 30 seconds at a time. It still equals the same 2 minutes that is suggested.
    It gives them something to do besides fighting.
    I actually also threw in some sharks for the Cichlids to chase around and they are fine and have adapted well to the water chemistry.
    Nobody is getting hurt.
    Hiding places, changing decor around, feeding small portions 4 times a day and you can put what you want in there.
    30 gallon salt water tank
    Protein skimmer
    2 power heads
    2 clowns and 3 hermits

Joe C.

9. Default Mixing Cichlids

0 Not allowed!
    Excellent points Cichlid Man. If there is enough room and enough hiding places/territories there should be no problems. I hadn't thought about the feeding strategies, but sounds like an excellent idea.