· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default electric blues and yellows

0 Not allowed!
    If electric yellows and blues are kept in the same tank, would they cross breed?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The electric blue is a hap and the yellow is a lab. I don't believe they will cross breed and I also don't think it is recommended that they be kept together as the hap will grow to almost twice the size of the lab.
    Some innocents 'scape not the thunderbolt

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    There are also electric blue peacocks and probably a mbuna or two called electric blue by some, so it depends on how closely related they are and which electric blue we are talking about here. If you have mbunas there should not be open water haps or peacocks in the tank.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i agree they dont really need to be together because of size + aggrestion

0 Not allowed!
    yeah. i wouldn't put those two together. that could be disasterous

6. Default They can

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brent3369
    If electric yellows and blues are kept in the same tank, would they cross breed?
    Hi,
    The previous posts were excellent! It is gennerally not a good idea to keep these 2 fish together, BUT!
    I can answer this from my personal experience.

While it is true that they should not be kept together, mine have been fine since May. I have LOTS of caves and hiding places, but never really needed to control aggression. They got along well from the start, and they have cross-bred for me.

I can't say this would be true in every case, so if you have the option, I wouldn't keep them together unless trying to breed them is something you want to do. They make really beautiful fish!
    30 gallon salt water tank
    Protein skimmer
    2 power heads
    2 clowns and 3 hermits

Joe C.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Exactly which species of electric blue are we talking about here? (for both people with them)
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am not trying to cross breed them. I am trying to get alot of color in a tank. I have a 25 gallon tank with rosie reds and calico fantails. My wife wants to see anything but all orange...lol. I have a 60 gallon to set up and want some yellow, orange and blue in it.

0 Not allowed!
    You should go with Peacocks or Mbunas, they will give you all the colors you are looking for. And once again what species of electric blue are you referring to.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100gw
    You should go with Peacocks or Mbunas, they will give you all the colors you are looking for. And once again what species of electric blue are you referring to.
    this is a vital question