· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift!! - Brookfish   thank you - angelcakes   You need another one lol - Celtic Fins   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - abaigael04   

Talking YAY!!! & Q for the Pro's

0 Not allowed!
    The LFS I shop at said they can finally get me my L-239!!! He will be in on Monday, but they are closed on Monday. I just got a Q tank that I will seed with filters from my tank so he will go in there for a little while... Also, bought more wood for my tank and except for the lights/planting and finishing the stocking of it - it is done!(then I will put some danios in my Q tank - as another tank!) (LOL, so it is not actually anywhere near done!) The L-239 is a PERFECT example of why common names can be BAD.. he is called the "blue fin panaque" but he isn't even a panaque! He is an ancistrini! Also -
    A question... are ALL ancistrus species BN's? L-239 is an ancistrini sp. ? I don't see any pictures of him having bristles, though. What about species like baryancistrus or hemiancistrus? My Hemi has some "spikes" on his fins? Or someone could just point me in the direction of more detailed information about information like this for plecos that would be GREAT! Thank You!
    Jade
    125 gal- chromobotia macracanthus, Baryancistrus beggini(L239)
    60 gal - planning for (tentatively) Celestial pearl danios and a pseudacanthicus cf. leopardus (L-114) - pterygoplichthys disjunctivus (needs a new home!)
    20 gal - pangio kuhlii
    10 gal Q tank
    Counting the YEARS to get my 200 gal!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    all i can say is congrats and im as jealous as hell
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A gift to brighten up your day ;) - Fishalicious   

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know the answers to your questions, but I bet the guys here do.
    James W

Q: Why do mountain climbers rope themselves together?
    A: To prevent the sensible ones from going home.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Info on pleco's? Haven't you been to planetcatfish.com or plecofanatics.com? They're where the hardcore pleco pro's hang out.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift!! - Brookfish   thank you - angelcakes   You need another one lol - Celtic Fins   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - abaigael04   

0 Not allowed!
    yes, I have but I was asking here, too on PC's L-239 page there is not a whole lot of info, although I am still searching around on line and I asked on PC's forum..
    Jade
    60 gal - planning for (tentatively) Celestial pearl danios and a pseudacanthicus cf. leopardus (L-114) - pterygoplichthys disjunctivus (needs a new home!)
    20 gal - pangio kuhlii
    10 gal Q tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    On the PC forum there's a list of members who have kept the fish on the info page for each species. You could try PM'ing a few of those folks for specific info. I'm fairly new to pleco's aside from BN's, no expert my any means.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I did ask on their forum ... Got some info but not a ton. Ill just keep looking... :)
    Jade
    20 gal - pangio kuhlii
    10 gal Q tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    do not be put off by the name of the site this has quite a bit of info

http://www.piranha-info.com/default.php?lang=en&id=L239
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/