· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you looked a little bare - Algenco   No Message - Angila   just thought i would say hi - sncrowe   

Unhappy tutti fruiti frogs?

0 Not allowed!
    i was in my lfs and the lady shows me this new frog they have gotten in it is a tutti fruiti frog coming in bright colors my question is are these died or painted? It looks alot like african clawed frog but only with like green and orange for colors. The green is really pretty but i won't buy one until i know for sure thats the way they are born the bright orange sends me signals something more sinister is how they got that way. I asked the lady there and she said o well i don't know for sure if they are ded i think they die the eggs... either way its still messed up and i don't want to prommote it so please if you know let me know.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   Great advice thanks - nraposa   Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09   Always good answers - Lady Hobbs   You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like dying. Since African clawed frogs come in an albino version this makes them great subjects to dye.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist and Published Author in Multiple Aquarium Magazines
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Advanced Aquarium Concepts: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for being a nice person! ...and the fiendship! :-) - digital3   Thanks for ID'ing my Apisto - Spyder   youre always so nice! - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas Jess :) - MeganL3985   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Fishalicious   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fishalicious   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Fishalicious   HIV/AIDS - Fishalicious   

0 Not allowed!
    Only frogs I know of with real coloring are terrarium frogs.... never ever heard of a colored aquatic frog... you have the wild coloring and the albino version in many of the aquatic frogs but no colors as far as I know...so I think it is safe to say they are dyed
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

RAK - DemonShark   CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs   for new bed - Lady Hobbs   for new wife - Lady Hobbs   to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco   

0 Not allowed!
    They are dyed.
    African clawed frogs are banned in my state so the wholesalers are calling the Tutti Frutti frogs to get around the ban
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    these frogs are dyed im sad that this can be done.......
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you looked a little bare - Algenco   No Message - Angila   just thought i would say hi - sncrowe   

0 Not allowed!
    thanks so much for letting me know i can't beleive they keep doing this poor frogs i used to have a african clawed frog and sometimes i would see him eat his slime coating i know with dyes and such it can't be healthy

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For appreciating your mom! - Rue   Thanks for your advice to Gemstone - Boertjie   You should have a fox to! - MCHRKiller   Accidental hijacking! - Wild Turkey   Thanks! - Wild Turkey   
    Autism - invadertoast   

0 Not allowed!
    I just saw these at the mall earlier today... they were pink, orange, and green and looked terrible. This was at a kiosk in the mall and they were selling them in TINY plastic kritter keeper type containers. I didn't know they did this to frogs until today... poor guys :(
    Lindsay

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   Great advice thanks - nraposa   Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09   Always good answers - Lady Hobbs   You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    He is not eating his slime but his skin that he just shed. Frogs and some lizards do that.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist and Published Author in Multiple Aquarium Magazines
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Advanced Aquarium Concepts: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.