· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default How much do you guys pay for Zoanthids and other corals?

0 Not allowed!
    I'm just curious what the average price is for these things as there are huge discrepancies in price between fish stores. It'll just help my gf buy things at the price they should be at.

Awards Showcase

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco You make me laugh! - Drumachine09 And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco 
    There. Thats better. - Drumachine09 maybe one day we can enjoy one of these - sergo Congrats you recived a RAK gift enjoy! - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark 
    Cheers! - Nick_Pavlovski Since Wendy's is only open 4 hours! - aliz340 For Your Help And Friendship - MeganL3985 Hope you a good time in Germany - alizee340 Good to have you back around the forum! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    Thanks....you could use some Luck with your fish too! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for helping whne it's needed! - **AquaQueen** Back at you, CP! - Dave66 You send me fruit I send you pizza!! LOL!! - 2manyfish a fish for the new 5.5g salt! lol - cocoa_pleco 
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - cocoa_pleco Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cocoa_pleco Childhood Cancer - cocoa_pleco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - cocoa_pleco 

0 Not allowed!
    for a 10 polyp head of medium fancy zoas i pay $10, for a 50 polyp head of extra fancy ones i pay $15-$30, and for 100-150 polyps of common zoas (brown for example) i pay $30

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Really hard to say on zoas. There are a ton of different varieties, and their price will depend on how rare they are. Price will also depend a little on how fast they grow. I have found that generally, the really fast growing zoas are a little cheaper.

Prices will also depend on the region you live in.

One way to go, would be to look at the prices online, and then expect to pay around 20% more at your LFS.
    40g SW

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Depending on the color and how many polpys I pay from $15 up to $50 here.

0 Not allowed!
    At one LFS in my area it depends on type and size as well.
    'Common' zoanthid frags go for $5 to $10 each. Larger colonies these 'common' zoanthids are sold between $30-50 in a separate tank.

It seems more economic to buy the larger colonies (which are comprised of dozens of zoanthid polyps), while the frags are only comprised of between 5 and 10 polyps.

Then they have the 'ultra' zoanthids. They go for $20-40 per frag. Depending on 'how ultra' the zoa's are there can be as few as three polyps on the frag or a dozen. I think the larger colonies, also comprised of dozens of polyps, go for about $80.

At other LFS's they don't differentiate between types, only colony size (usually range between $15-40, and are typically in the 'common' quality category).
    Last edited by kaybee; 08-06-2008 at 11:07 PM.
    African cichlid and saltwater aquariums

http://www.rowelab.com/AquaControlle...9&scope=last24

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    $80NZD+ for Zoanthids. Sometimes up to $500 if they are stunning

$60-$120NZD for softies depending on size

$120-$300NZD for LPS

$180+ for wild Acros etc

0 Not allowed!
    ...and as far as the "and other corals" part of it, (i.e., non-zoathids) I'd probably spend no more than $50 on a coral (most of my stuff is in the $20 range), I've bought a lot of $5-10 LPS coral frags.

One LFS has one of their 240gal tanks dedicated to expensive australian LPS corals which range from $80 to over $1000, though most pieces are $100-300. Pricey for sure but definately super quality stuff. All types of exotic acans (maxima's, bowerbanki, etc), micromussa, cynarina, peach hammers, spectacular multi-colored lobophyllia's larger than a child's head, chalice's, dentro's, etc. I'm tempted to buy one of the acan maxima's there, but that $175 price tag is a serious road block!

They keep the more affordable (but still nice) LPSs ($20-60) in separate set up.

The other 240gal is dedicated to SPS corals, frags start at $20, and they've got a lot of larger pieces in there, $40-100ea (most aren't expensive as the australian LPSs they have though).

0 Not allowed!
    For zoanthids, I sometimes pay like 30$ a head for some but a few such as radioactive dragons eye, are like 10$ for 20 heads. I usually pay 30$ for a normal sized frag.
    New chatroom!

Awards Showcase

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco You make me laugh! - Drumachine09 And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco 
    There. Thats better. - Drumachine09 maybe one day we can enjoy one of these - sergo Congrats you recived a RAK gift enjoy! - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark 
    Cheers! - Nick_Pavlovski Since Wendy's is only open 4 hours! - aliz340 For Your Help And Friendship - MeganL3985 Hope you a good time in Germany - alizee340 Good to have you back around the forum! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    Thanks....you could use some Luck with your fish too! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for helping whne it's needed! - **AquaQueen** Back at you, CP! - Dave66 You send me fruit I send you pizza!! LOL!! - 2manyfish a fish for the new 5.5g salt! lol - cocoa_pleco 
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - cocoa_pleco Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cocoa_pleco Childhood Cancer - cocoa_pleco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - cocoa_pleco 

0 Not allowed!
    forgot to add in general, the LFS i go to has almost every coral for sale and even adults are rarely over $100. acros are $60 for wilds and $40 for frags, toadstools are $40, clams are $50, etc. i paid $35 for my toadstool and its about 8" wide

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaybee
    ......I'm tempted to buy one of the acan maxima's there, but that $175 price tag is a serious road block! ...
    Well, I bit the bullet and went ahead and purchased the acan maxima (gold/green comprised of about 4 polyps). Got it at 20% off. Definately the most expensive aquatic life-form I've ever bought.