40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes motm & mod'otm

16 40.00%
  • No leave it as it is motm only

24 60.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift for cheering me up!!! - angelcakes   It's a ribbon stand in! - Rue   for all the frog help thanks mate - angelcakes   A small gift - William   good 2 see you back - angelcakes   

Default Motm And Mod,otm

0 Not allowed!
    Hay how about a mod of the month comp? It would give the every day member a better chance of winning member of the month... What ya think

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts - Lady Hobbs   And another - Lady Hobbs   What he had up his --- - Chrona   No, serioulsy. EVERYONE KICK HIM! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gm72   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gm72   

0 Not allowed!
    Personally I don't like the idea of a ModOTM. The entire Mod team performs very well in his/her respective jobs and the vast majority of it is unseen by the general membership. I don't think we deserve any extra credit unless William sees it fit.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    i kinda like it, we would need more regular mods to be worth it though

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift for cheering me up!!! - angelcakes   It's a ribbon stand in! - Rue   for all the frog help thanks mate - angelcakes   A small gift - William   good 2 see you back - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    I just think the mods have a better chance of wining MOTM because all the hard work you do.. But it sort of makes it harder for the every day jo to win dont it.. Damn if cocoa cant beat a mod then what chance do newish members have.. And it would be fun to see who wins mod'otm each month.. And maybe have it so the mods can win every month not limit it to one a year.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts - Lady Hobbs   And another - Lady Hobbs   What he had up his --- - Chrona   No, serioulsy. EVERYONE KICK HIM! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gm72   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gm72   

0 Not allowed!
    The other problem I see is that there are only 5 Mods. Some of the less active Mods would never win whereas very active Mods like Lady Hobbs would always be at the forefront.

I still think the only one who can really judge what the Mods are doing would be William.

However, I think I can speak on behalf of the team and thank you for the thoughtfulness. Very cool in that regard!
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I see what you mean gm72 only 5 mods ect.. I dont see it as a bad thing tho it just means the mods have a better chance of wining it... I see it more of a way to show a mod are appreciation and give members a better chance in MOTM at the same time.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the nice post - Lady Hobbs   a gift your you! - squirt_12   beautiful blue discus - Algenco   felt like it - Lady Hobbs   for all the help! - squirt_12   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

0 Not allowed!
    But if you look at the statistics Billy, out of 7 months, only 3 of the mods have won MOTM, William one once and the other 3 were all regular members. Each person can only win it once a year anyway and as gm mentioned, there are some mods that are not as active as others, so it all really evens out in the end anyway.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Re Goldbarb: That also means only 12 out of 1000's of mebers can win MOTM tho.. So if for nothing els it would help in that way maybe.
    Last edited by Billythefish; 07-31-2008 at 02:23 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congrats on MOTM! - Jacko   Another round for my friends - mommy1   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Thanks for your kind words in my blog, it really dose help - Cliff   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - The Red Severum   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Red Severum   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Red Severum   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - The Red Severum   HIV/AIDS - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    to be honest i agree with what billy is saying... it would give us a better chance... even though the mods deserve it too..

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry. I don't like it. The Mods are a team and a contest running constantly to pick the Mod of the Month sounds to me as it would pit one against the other. Also, some Mods can be here and contribute a lot more than others who have jobs, families and other obligations.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast