40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes motm & mod'otm

16 40.00%
  • No leave it as it is motm only

24 60.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you looked a little bare - Algenco   I enjoy reading your threads/posts! :) - MeganL3985   In memory of Mindi - crackatinny   Goodluck with your paper :) - MeganL3985   Always a very nice poster - Lady Hobbs   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - ladyoutlaw50   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - ladyoutlaw50   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - ladyoutlaw50   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ladyoutlaw50   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ladyoutlaw50   

0 Not allowed!
    I have to agree with the previous 2 posts --- makes alot of sense to me!! I realize the mods do alot of work we don't even see and I respect them all!!
    Just wanted to add my 2 cents
    Kim

"Say what you mean and
    Mean what you say"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because of you I saved a fish!! - 2manyfish   Thanks for all of the help that you have given me :) - squirt_12   to my new buddy - mitcore   For being you! - NickFish   Here is a hotdog for a good Freind! - Patriot   

0 Not allowed!
    One thing we have to remember.

Moderators are Members too!

50G Tank - Kyathit Danios, Zebra Danio, Swordtails, Silver Hatchetfish, Platy, Gold Barbs, Cherry Barbs, Bolivian Rams, Apisto, Zebra Loaches.
    20G 'Nano Fish' Tank - Pygmy Rasboras, Lampeyes, Sparkling Gouramis, CPD, Bronze Corydoras, Cherry Shrimp
    Wanted: More CPD's and Loaches.
    Keep updated with my fish world in my Blog! And my tanks Blog!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a beer to go with your name :) - Abbeys_Mom   your christmas present.  It's the 33g, it's folded :) - Abbeys_Mom   Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy   Singing to you.  Can you hear me? - hobbs   In memory of your friend, and a little love for you on that loss - kimmers318   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - crackatinny   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - crackatinny   AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - crackatinny   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - crackatinny   

0 Not allowed!
    Got to disagree on this, we are members 1st and foremost, and should not be singled out for a special comp.

On the comments made that mods have a better chance of MOTM simply because they are mods I also disagree with, do you see GM or myself on the winners list for this year?.
    I do have a MOTM award from last year, but this was won before becoming a mod, in which I was in a tiebreaker with Hobbs, who at the time and still is a very good mod, so that blows your theory on fairness right out the window.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Since the history of the MOTM going back to when the Mods won, I thought there might be some information I'd toss in here I neglected to mention.

When the contests started in Aug 2006, William won the first one and no Mods were even nominated the rest of that year. The contests were very new and the number of nominations were like only for 4 or 5. Same in the picture contests which is why I actually managed to win TOTM with my blue gravel and the fake decorations I had back then. LOL

2007 rolled around and things picked up some and the contests were still pretty manageable and a lot of fun. It's only in the last 8-9 months or so they've gotten so busy. We have more voters now in one contest (one group even) that we had in all 3 contests in 2006. So, to win back then was not a big struggle when you were up against maybe 3 or 4 others is all.

Our elimination contests have only been going on since this last April. Those were started to give everyone a better chance.

But really, if a Mod or any other member wins MOTM one time a year hardly even seems like an issue when the same person (or anyone) could win 11 POTM's in a year. Now, that would be something to get stirred up about. We had one member win those contests almost every month but hey, he had a great camera and great subjects and deserved the wins.

If you have a car race with someone and they win 8 times, do you say you can't win the next one now because you won 8 other times? :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    Allright allright,I know where I stand.No one that agrees with myself or Billy on this subject were out to insult or knock anyone around.It was/is my opinion that things should be a bit different ,thats all.From the amount of votes in the poll Id say Im not totally off base.Of course it wont change and Im fine with that,I still like it here.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345