40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes motm & mod'otm

16 40.00%
  • No leave it as it is motm only

24 60.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the nomination - Cliff   Merry X-mass, and thanks for all of your help this past year, both here and at the store - Cliff   No Message - cer   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   thanks for the betta :D - Cyberra   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sailor   Autism - sailor   

0 Not allowed!
    I think it is fine the way it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The mods do an outstanding job here already. There doesn't need to be a contest for MODOTM.
    Sailor

Aye Aye

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift for cheering me up!!! - angelcakes   It's a ribbon stand in! - Rue   for all the frog help thanks mate - angelcakes   A small gift - William   good 2 see you back - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    Ok william thats cool ;-) and that was my way of making it more fair so maybe other members will have a better idea.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift for cheering me up!!! - angelcakes   It's a ribbon stand in! - Rue   for all the frog help thanks mate - angelcakes   A small gift - William   good 2 see you back - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuu
    Maybe seperate it into a few catogorys, such as posts from 0-1000, and 1000-3000, and so on, that way you know that the more experienced members have a higher post count? probably dumb sorry
    Hay thats not a bad idea maybe if it was don like this- newbie MOTM & a MOTM people that have been here longer than a year or somthing

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Like someone would actually look up each member to see how many posts they've posted before they could nominate someone? Come on, guys. These contests are already hard enough. If there are ties in MOTM, both win MOTM so that means you just have to have more ties.

:)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    True i didnt think of that lady hobbs.. What would you do to make it more fair on all members?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Billy, I can't think of a way to make it more fair because I find nothing wrong with it now. Like I can't find a way myself to ever win a picture competition. Some win and some lose and isn't that the way it is in any competition? I might win MOTM once a year but you might win POTM several times? It's just the way it is.

Those who win MOTM, can't enter for the rest of that year to make it more fair to others. It's like GoldenBarb said, we're into month 7 and only 3 Mods have won. Looks plenty fair to me. The winners are picked by the entire membership remember. It's their choice.

There's a good chance if no Mods were in the comps at all that someone else would still get the votes. I was knocked out in the Finals 4 months in a row by non-Mods. So being a Mod means beans in these comps.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well given that we are in month 7 of 12 and the mods have 3 wins out of say a hand full of you and the normal members have 4 out of 1000's i'd say the mods have good odds on winning.. I'd love to know how many mods and how many normal mebers have won MOTM since it was started and if a newbie ever won or got to the final (by newbie i mean been here less than a year)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Mods won 4 times in 2007. I can't go back into 2006 because the comps didn't start until August of that year. BTW.......in Sept of 2006, I won MOTM after being here one month and I was no Mod then. In fact, the 5 months of that year that we had comps, No Mods won other than William.

The whole listing is in the Winners Circle .......the stickie in Comps.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 07-31-2008 at 05:23 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wink

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Mods won 4 times in 2007. I can't go back into 2006 because the comps didn't start until August of that year. BTW.......in Sept of 2006, I won MOTM after being here one month and I was no Mod then. In fact, the 5 months of that year that we had comps, No Mods won other than William.

The whole listing is in the Winners Circle .......the stickie in Comps.
    Cool going hobbs impressive from the start

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    The mods carry alot of weight around here and I think thats fine as long as you all stay in check,so far you have and I think you all do a great job.However,because of the general high regard mods seem to be in they seem to get alot of extra consideration when it comes to motm votes.Billys idea is a good one with one exception.Mods should be excluded from all competitions because of there position.it is already such a prestigious position to be in as it is,the rank should be all the reward that is neccesary.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast