· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC. - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for the kind words. - William   Ya scared the S outta me - Lady Hobbs   'cos ure special.... - Gemstone   for being so nice to our underwater friends - ladyoutlaw50   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Boertjie   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Boertjie   

Default Gemstone and her Betta babies

0 Not allowed!
    My wife is always talking to her Bettas and they actually listen and seems like understanding her.
    Here is a photo of her playing with her male "Little Prince"

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fish...0&ppuser=14395

It is amazing how tamed they get.
    There may be plenty of fish in the sea, but there is only one in my pond.....

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boertjie
    My wife is always talking to her Bettas and they actually listen and seems like understanding her.
    Here is a photo of her playing with her male "Little Prince"

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fish...0&ppuser=14395

It is amazing how tamed they get.
    i talk to my boys........its not that uncommon,as soon as you go to the tank there.... there and thats a nice betta you have
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Tanks for sharing our hobby - Boertjie   Congrats on new tank and severum - Lady Hobbs   for rescuing the betta! - cocoa_pleco   For being my life partner - Boertjie   for being so good to our underwater friends! - ladyoutlaw50   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Gemstone   

0 Not allowed!
    lol....he is the one that I got as a teenie weenie baby....small as my pinkie nail...and has grown into a pretty boy...is bigger now than on that photo...and has a *whispers*....girlfriend....who mamma will allow him to breed with once we are settled in the new house...at the moment they each spend time in the large breeding net in his tank...so as to give the other one some time to swim aroung freely in the tank...and he is making bubble nests all over the place...and eyeing her out...SHE....is a real little madam....and ignores him completely....except when he is not watching...then she goes looking where he is..(I allow them time together as well each day)....

Little Prince plays at being real cockey...although I have a sneaking suspicion it's all just attention seeking..

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A gift for you - Tolley   for your loss - ladyoutlaw50   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - GouramiGal   

0 Not allowed!
    They really do have tons of personality, don't they? I just got a new betta on friday and I'm already in love!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you looked a little bare - Algenco   I enjoy reading your threads/posts! :) - MeganL3985   In memory of Mindi - crackatinny   Goodluck with your paper :) - MeganL3985   Always a very nice poster - Lady Hobbs   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - ladyoutlaw50   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - ladyoutlaw50   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - ladyoutlaw50   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ladyoutlaw50   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ladyoutlaw50   

0 Not allowed!
    Gemstone I bet it is so much fun in your house!!!!
    Kim

"Say what you mean and
    Mean what you say"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Very cute and closely watching thru that net.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for caring for the fishies - Gemstone   thanx for the rep points! - KrytterKrys   

0 Not allowed!
    I talk to my fish too but *shhh* dont tell anyone lol... Beautiful boy Gem
    "Aerodynamically, the bumblebee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn’t know it so it goes on flying anyway." ~~~ Mary Kay Ash

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Tanks for sharing our hobby - Boertjie   Congrats on new tank and severum - Lady Hobbs   for rescuing the betta! - cocoa_pleco   For being my life partner - Boertjie   for being so good to our underwater friends! - ladyoutlaw50   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Gemstone   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyoutlaw50
    Gemstone I bet it is so much fun in your house!!!!

welllll...lemme put it to yo u this way...we dont watch tv...we watch fish...Mondays it's the tetras...tuesdays its the severums...wednesdays its the livebearers....hehe...etc...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Very cute and closely watching thru that net.
    He's the one that was sooo tiny I did not know the sex...and he was sooo sick...can't believe what a strapping young fellow he has turned out to be...*S*

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC. - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for the kind words. - William   Ya scared the S outta me - Lady Hobbs   'cos ure special.... - Gemstone   for being so nice to our underwater friends - ladyoutlaw50   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Boertjie   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Boertjie   

0 Not allowed!
    Last night we were laying in bed and Gemstone actually told me to move a bit she can't see some of the fish!!!
    We have not watched TV for more than a year now.....and dont miss it either.
    There may be plenty of fish in the sea, but there is only one in my pond.....