· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs   ice storms stink! - invadertoast   

0 Not allowed!
    I have a small pair of Convicts (about 2" each) with a 4" Jack Dempsey in my 40 gallon breeder. The convicts are in the process of breeding right now and they will go after the Dempsey when he gets too close to their nest, but he can stick up for himself. Most of the time he just hang out on the opposite end of the tank. I also have 8 Giant Danios and the Convicts just ignore those guys.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Tanks for sharing our hobby - Boertjie   Congrats on new tank and severum - Lady Hobbs   for rescuing the betta! - cocoa_pleco   For being my life partner - Boertjie   for being so good to our underwater friends! - ladyoutlaw50   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Gemstone   

0 Not allowed!
    ok......so....anyone want to take some convicts off my hands....for free...gratis...just pay your own shipping costs...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A poor sub for your Betta - Nick_Pavlovski   Here's a ram for ya - Lady Hobbs   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Carlos_x3   

0 Not allowed!
    I decided not to go with the convicts? But I occasionally give them water changes when I'm over the house. Would it do them harm if I started conditioning the water? They have been living in tap water for more than a year. I want to see better colors in them. I switched they're goldfish flakes to hbh cichlid pellets but I didn't see any positive changes in their appearance.
    30g Long Planted South American BioTope Blue Rams & Apisto + Community
    Formerly Carlos_x3, RamGuy13

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Not a very big tank for 2-6" fish, IMO.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Fellow Kentuckian - Algenco   

0 Not allowed!
    for a pair of cons a 40 long is perfect!! you could keep a school of large tiger barbs or rio grande tetras.. giant daniels seem to be the best choice of a dither fish for most hobbiest. but go with hikari gold cichlid pellets and condition the water. also the darker the substrate will allow the con to color up to the substrate. it helps alot.
    140 gallon1-Jack Dempsey,1-salvini,1-dovi,1-Firemouth,2-Convicts,2-red terrors,1-royal pleco, 1-cory cats, 1-4-line catfish
    55 gallon 2-pseudotropheus socolofi, 1-pseudotropheus acei(ngara), 1-blue zebras, 2-albino socolofi

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - Lady Hobbs   Welcome Back! - Lady Hobbs   welcome back - angelcakes   here you go dork - SamAnthrax   No Message - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    A 20g Long would be ok.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a kiss for a sweetie ;) - KrytterKrys   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan
    A 20g Long would be ok.
    not really people don't realize convicts get big about 6in for males also they tend to get aggressive towards there mate when not breeding

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

hope you like koi............. - angelcakes   This is for Fat Frank! Fair play to him for playing the match. Even though his poor mother passed away. - Ghostknife   nice to see you again - angelcakes   No Message - duce   ;) - duce   

0 Not allowed!
    ive bred these before and they dont stop, you have to watch out after the fist batch increase water changes tenfold, when the parents are ready to breed again i found the old batch will disapear.
    i used a plant pot about the size of a hand broken into 3 pieces and they loved them for eggs .
    you also have to be careful if u have plecs if breeding my convicts will even stand up to my red devil who is 20 times their size good luck ..............may the force be with you lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - Lady Hobbs   Welcome Back! - Lady Hobbs   welcome back - angelcakes   here you go dork - SamAnthrax   No Message - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nano cichlids
    not really people don't realize convicts get big about 6in for males also they tend to get aggressive towards there mate when not breeding

Actually i believe convicts get 4-5" But if they do get 6", they still have 30" of tank to swim so thats about 4 1/2 X's the fish size, and its wide enough for them to turn around, and plenty tall enough. 2 in a 20 Long is perfectly fine.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a kiss for a sweetie ;) - KrytterKrys   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan
    Actually i believe convicts get 4-5" But if they do get 6", they still have 30" of tank to swim so thats about 4 1/2 X's the fish size, and its wide enough for them to turn around, and plenty tall enough. 2 in a 20 Long is perfectly fine.
    yes but he never sated that he would remove fry so then you 20 or so fry that grow up and then theres 20 from the next spawn and so on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast