· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   Have one on Hobbs - hobbs   99 bottles of beer on the wall - hobbs   Nice seeing you here - Lady Hobbs   You need a fish up here! - Northernguy   

Default Serious Changes Needed ASAP!

0 Not allowed!
    Hi all...
    My computer has been down for a while, and now that I have it fixed, I have just seen about 3 Private Messages accusing me of cheating in the competitions.
    I won't say who they are from.
    First of all, I brought over 19 people from another forum to join here, and in return, they voted for me...OK? That is not cheating, it is good campaigning and it also helps this web site.

Now, what William needs to do ASAP, is to delete any members access that cannot verify their email address within one weeks time. Maybe a lot of work, but well worth it.
    After that, it is imperative that an email verification be sent to the registering email address BEFORE a person is activated and can post.
    This will prevent anybody from registering with more than one screen name which is what I am accused of doing.

When that is done, William needs to give ALL my MOTM votes to Abbey's Mom, and delete my name from the ballot...She deserves it, not me...I don't want ti anymore.
    After I see that, maybe I will decide to stay and help people.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Cichlid_Man; 12-19-2006 at 08:35 PM.
    30 gallon salt water tank
    Protein skimmer
    2 power heads
    2 clowns and 3 hermits

Joe C.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   heres a easter egg for easter! - cocoa_pleco   you need a slush - Lady Hobbs   What? Only 3 gifts? I'll change that! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think that is cheating, but that problem does need to be fixed.
    I do hope you decide to stay and help people!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   Have one on Hobbs - hobbs   99 bottles of beer on the wall - hobbs   Nice seeing you here - Lady Hobbs   You need a fish up here! - Northernguy   

Default Yes it does

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredulous_Ed
    I don't think that is cheating, but that problem does need to be fixed.
    I do hope you decide to stay and help people!
    Hi Ed...
    I have no reason to cheat.. I am 54 years old...cheat for what?
    I am insulted at being accused.

I most likely will stay but I still want my votes given to Abbey's Mom and my name removed from the ballot
    Protein skimmer
    2 power heads
    2 clowns and 3 hermits

Joe C.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Please dont leave we all need you here. You help out alot in the forums. I really hope you decide to stay. There are only 3 people out of hundreds that think that so dont worry too much.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Abbeys_Mom   Please accept this as a token of my appreciation - crackatinny   Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy   For being a great poster from Hobbs - hobbs   thank you so much!!!  you're awesome!  here's some champagne!  i know, you can't drink it!!  lololol - jeffs99dime   
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Abbeys_Mom   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Abbeys_Mom   Childhood Cancer - Abbeys_Mom   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Abbeys_Mom   

0 Not allowed!
    I would hope that no one on this site would cheat. It is always an option because this is the internet and people have a sense of anonymity, but it's still wrong. I would not cheat, lie or steal in the "real world" why do it here. Cichlid man, if you did nothing wrong, then you deserve to win MOTM regardless of the few that are accusing you. They are the minority here and although they have the right to voice their opinion it doesn't make the only opinion. You are well respected on this forum and have just as much of a right to be here as anyone else. I hope you chose to stay and rise above the petty bickering of "some" members. As for the people who accused you of cheating, I encourage them to monitor their own behavior, as it may have a negative impact on other people. I myself have questioned the validity of the polls and voting, but I don't believe it to be that much of an issue. If someone were to "cheat" to get an award, they are only cheating themselves and they are unable to win (at least MOTM) again until next year. I am sincerely hoping you will remain in the contest, I think you deserve to win.

I do agree that this site needs to be using the e-mail validation. It's a simple setting in the administrator control panel, maybe William will consider activating it. It would not prevent people from cheating in the polls, but it would make it a lot more work.
    Greatest Guitar Forum Ever
    www.thestringnetwork.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a beer to go with your name :) - Abbeys_Mom   your christmas present.  It's the 33g, it's folded :) - Abbeys_Mom   Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy   Singing to you.  Can you hear me? - hobbs   In memory of your friend, and a little love for you on that loss - kimmers318   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - crackatinny   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - crackatinny   AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - crackatinny   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - crackatinny   

0 Not allowed!
    I have to disagree with you withdrawing from the ballot, you have earned these votes, and whoever the 3 people are should have the guts to stand forward and say what they have to say in front of all.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a beer to go with your name :) - Abbeys_Mom   your christmas present.  It's the 33g, it's folded :) - Abbeys_Mom   Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy   Singing to you.  Can you hear me? - hobbs   In memory of your friend, and a little love for you on that loss - kimmers318   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - crackatinny   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - crackatinny   AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - crackatinny   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - crackatinny   

0 Not allowed!
    On the subject of email verification, how much trouble would it take to send out emails to all members, simply asking them to reactivate there account before further posting is allowed by them?, just an idea, it would also eventually clean out all the bots from the user directory, and find all the active members (even if they are not active but still interested in the site, they only have to visit and reactivate).

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Thanks everyone

0 Not allowed!
    I guess you are right.
    I was nominated...I received votes...why give it up?

I don't spend as much time on here as others because I babysit my granddaughter nearly every day, but the time I do spend is time helping in regard to the topics I know a lot about.

Yes, I'll stay, and yes, I want to keep my votes...

I would love to see an email verification come soon though, because the people that suggested that I have cheated, probably are the very ones that are doing the cheating.
    Protein skimmer
    2 power heads
    2 clowns and 3 hermits

Joe C.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    This really makes me heartsick. You are a nice man and people see you as a nice man. I remember well even in last months competition not only did you nominate another member but you voted for him as well and did not vote for yourself. I am sorry you are upset but not surprised as I would be to.

We are supposed to be friends here and why would anyone even think of cheating for what.......an award? It's not like we are winning a car.

Personally, I have worked hard on these competitions, resizing pictures, putting them on the website, yadda, yadda, yadda and it certainly wasn't done for me but for everyone here to better enjoy this site.

I am a member of a couple sites and vote in competitions on other sites, as well. It doesn't matter as long as you're a member. People have that right.

Do not leave the competition! Do not let one or two petty people run you off. You deserve the votes you have gotten and worked for them by your graciousness, good posts, kindness and consideration to others here. You would be letting down all us that have voted for you and probably will be voting for you again in future contests.

I'm so sorry this has happened. The registering process maybe could be different but who knows what this site has for capabilities. I personally see no reason why things must change for one or two when so many like it just the way it is.

PS...I just checked the voting and can't understand the big deal at all. You have 24 votes and we have over 400 active members. ????? So what in heck is so unusal about the amount of votes you have? I would venture you got all 24 votes from right here on this site. If you got 19 from friends who come here just to vote, the score doesn't even add up as that would only leave you 5 votes from this site where you help people and spend all your time. No way buddy. You got most of those votes from right here.
    Last edited by hobbs; 12-20-2006 at 12:45 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default I guess it's jealousy

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe they think they are smarter and better than me?

I have fish for 40 years and I am still learning.

I am not leaving....I grew up on the streets of Brooklyn and nobody was man enough to run me off there :-)

I am feeling better now...not as upset as before..
    Protein skimmer
    2 power heads
    2 clowns and 3 hermits

Joe C.