· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you looked a little bare - Algenco   I enjoy reading your threads/posts! :) - MeganL3985   In memory of Mindi - crackatinny   Goodluck with your paper :) - MeganL3985   Always a very nice poster - Lady Hobbs   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - ladyoutlaw50   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - ladyoutlaw50   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - ladyoutlaw50   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ladyoutlaw50   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ladyoutlaw50   

Default Bristlenose Plecos

0 Not allowed!
    I would like to get a bristlenose for my 20 gal tank that has just a pair of kribs -- will this work?? What should I know about the bristlenose??

thanks
    Kim

"Say what you mean and
    Mean what you say"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Abbeys_Mom   Please accept this as a token of my appreciation - crackatinny   Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy   For being a great poster from Hobbs - hobbs   thank you so much!!!  you're awesome!  here's some champagne!  i know, you can't drink it!!  lololol - jeffs99dime   
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Abbeys_Mom   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Abbeys_Mom   Childhood Cancer - Abbeys_Mom   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Abbeys_Mom   

0 Not allowed!
    They are the same as big plecos only slightly cleaner. I have on in my 27g with used to have kribs in it.
    Greatest Guitar Forum Ever
    www.thestringnetwork.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    If the tank has a good amount of algae growth you won't need to supplement the BN's diet with veggies too often. Once the tank is clean, you'll want to provide some peas, green beans, cucumber, etc. several times weekly, alternating with algae wafers (or spirulina flake, depending on which works for you.) Unless the krib's are spawning they'll likely ignore the BN.
    If you can't find any locally I can hook you up with a small one.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you looked a little bare - Algenco   I enjoy reading your threads/posts! :) - MeganL3985   In memory of Mindi - crackatinny   Goodluck with your paper :) - MeganL3985   Always a very nice poster - Lady Hobbs   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - ladyoutlaw50   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - ladyoutlaw50   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - ladyoutlaw50   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ladyoutlaw50   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ladyoutlaw50   

0 Not allowed!
    thanks -- I will let you know!!! I will be checking my lfs today!! thanks
    Kim

"Say what you mean and
    Mean what you say"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

And time for YOUR gifts - Lady Hobbs   another - Lady Hobbs   lol - Lady Hobbs   No Message - Lady Hobbs   have a blue discus! - cocoa_pleco   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - tiggely   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - tiggely   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - tiggely   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sandy_n   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - sandy_n   

0 Not allowed!
    They also like a piece of diftwood to rasp on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

Default Hi,

0 Not allowed!
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by sandy_n
    They also like a piece of diftwood to rasp on.
    Yes Bristole Nose love some wood to chew on. Also they like to have a cave in which they set up a territory.
    macquatic

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

just felt like celebrating today. - gabbyguppy   thanks for the plants - mommy1   Congrats on the new cube tank! - Pleco380   GRRR back at you - mommy1   Thanks for all the plants! - Lab_Rat   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jacko   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by macquatic
    Yes Bristole Nose love some wood to chew on. Also they like to have a cave in which they set up a territory.
    macquatic
    For the most part, my BN spends his whole day on various chunks of wood in my tank (I have a ton of wood though).

I have seen that if kept as the only pleco in the tank, they don't really set up a territory, the whole tank becomes their territory unless the kribs decide to spawn. Then only the area the kribs occupy at a given time is outside his territory.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I am wondering what the price range of these neat guys are
    Kim

"Say what you mean and
    Mean what you say"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

Default Hi,

0 Not allowed!
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by ladyoutlaw50

I paid $14.00 New Zealand for mine. I have two. Male and Female.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyoutlaw50
    $5 at petsmart here