· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

you need a calvus for your tang tank - Celtic Fins Congratulations to you both - Celtic Fins Congrats on your engagement! - Brookfish my favorite fish - jaysee you speak so much sense - AlexW 
    You need one... - Little Embers hang in there mac - mommy1 one for you too. Thanks - Celtic Fins thanks for the rep - Celtic Fins good luck in all you do. - Celtic Fins 
    Id like to give you one too. - Amazon merry christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas sir!!! - Mith Nollaig Shona! (Christmas greetings) - Brookfish happy holidays! - Jacko 
    Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy new year! - Brookfish Happy New Year! - The Red Severum Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins Welcome back - mommy1 

Default Hi

0 Not allowed!
    Hi MitchLikesFish,

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLikesFish
    my ph is 7.4
    Sorry I have never ordered fish on line and never will, sorry cant help there.

Yes Panda Carys would be fine in that tank.

I personally would not place the Panda Corys in that pH. I would try and lower it a bit.
    I know that fish can grow a custom to high pH, but it is getting out of there range. I would think it crule to force a fish to live in a enviroment with water parametor that are out of there naturel enviroment. And exspesually with modern stuff which can lower the pH. Hope this helps,
    macquatic
    Be a responsible fish keeper! Study before buying!
    Never give in to impulse buying of Aquatic Fish.

Dairy 2IC. NZ Dairy Holdings.
    Turbo fan. Nothing beats a turbo at the lights.
    Oh sorry officer did not realise I was dragging.

0 Not allowed!
    Try www.aquabid.com. You may be able to find them there for less.

Pandas are very sensitive to nitrates. Ive lost a few just by doing my water changes a day late.
    CORRECTED video of my fish. This link works. For sure. Really.

Tanks:
    20g long: 4 panda cories, 1 honey gourami, 1 apistogramma borellii, 1 male cacatuoides
    20g High: 3 bolivian rams, 12 rasboras
    8g hex: empty
    5g: empty

0 Not allowed!
    www.aquabid.com would be the best place to look, but most people sell groups on there. I think the smallest group of Pandas I've seen there (though I don't cruise the cory section often, usually it's just bettas :P) is 6. So you might be able to find them for a decent price and just 6.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by macquatic
    Hi MitchLikesFish,

Sorry I have never ordered fish on line and never will, sorry cant help there.

Yes Panda Carys would be fine in that tank.

I personally would not place the Panda Corys in that pH. I would try and lower it a bit.
    I know that fish can grow a custom to high pH, but it is getting out of there range. I would think it crule to force a fish to live in a enviroment with water parametor that are out of there naturel enviroment. And exspesually with modern stuff which can lower the pH. Hope this helps,
    macquatic

mm, I was told that messing around with the pH could put stress on the fish? Is it just a product that I add to the water each time I change the water?

Awards Showcase

For doing such good research!! - Rue hehe. - Tolley nascar prize - sailor Happy Birthday! - squirt_12 For rescuing feeders!  Way to go! - Rue 
    Thanks for the rep! - robnepper To the only guy to quote himself! - Mr.Prototype Thinking of Noah & your family xxx - Fishalicious For your 1 year at AC xxx - Fishalicious Not enough gifts - The Red Severum 
    you need more! - The Red Severum one more! - The Red Severum won the lottery with your donation, had to buy you a beer - mrs fishpatrick Time for another round! - northernguy A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey 
    Here's one on the house, Nick. - robnepper Merry Christmas - Northernguy Thanks!! - Wild Turkey your info has been great the last couple of days - The Red Severum I appreciate your generousity! - Brookfish 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - NickFish Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NickFish Childhood Cancer - NickFish Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - NickFish 

0 Not allowed!
    Your pH is fine. 7.4 is nothing.

I have bred panda cories in 7.6, and they can be kept as high as 8.2 if you acclimate them properly.

pH is important, but the actual number is not. What is most important is the stability of the pH. If you want to lower your pH, use peat or CO2 or driftwood, do not use those pH down products.

You can keep panda cories no problem in that pH, just keep it stable.

Awards Showcase

you need a calvus for your tang tank - Celtic Fins Congratulations to you both - Celtic Fins Congrats on your engagement! - Brookfish my favorite fish - jaysee you speak so much sense - AlexW 
    You need one... - Little Embers hang in there mac - mommy1 one for you too. Thanks - Celtic Fins thanks for the rep - Celtic Fins good luck in all you do. - Celtic Fins 
    Id like to give you one too. - Amazon merry christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas sir!!! - Mith Nollaig Shona! (Christmas greetings) - Brookfish happy holidays! - Jacko 
    Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy new year! - Brookfish Happy New Year! - The Red Severum Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins Welcome back - mommy1 

Default Hi,

0 Not allowed!
    Hi,
    I may be different from you guys. But some of you seem to have your fish, in water that is so high in pH. I dont think it is right to keep fish with pHs way out of there normal zone. I understand acclimatizing them slowly will work. And more important is to have a stable pH. But why would you want to keep them in that High a pH for. I think it is cruel on the fish. It's like saying yes we could get a person to volunteer for a experiment. You put hiin a room. That imitates ones house. Then raise the temperature to say 50'c gradually. Then gradually give him the same amount of water as you would drink on a 30'c day. He might be fine if he is fit and healthy. And could live like that quite fine. But that is not a perfect environment for him. It is the same for the fish.
    Back to Pandas, they have a lower pH than 8.0.

Our local tape water, is 7.5. The water in my tank stays at 6.9. Because of the Co2. Now I dont want to stress my fish every time I place new water in the tank. So I lower it. But that is the reason I lower it.

But back to the topic. I think we as fish keepers should try to keep the fish we keep in water conditions of their naturel environment.
    Please dont get offended.
    Cheers,
    macqauitc
    Be a responsible fish keeper! Study before buying!
    Never give in to impulse buying of Aquatic Fish.

Dairy 2IC. NZ Dairy Holdings.
    Turbo fan. Nothing beats a turbo at the lights.
    Oh sorry officer did not realise I was dragging.