· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default little fish BIG personality

0 Not allowed!
    When people think of fish with personality they think BIG fish like when you relate to f/w and there the Oscar is king of it. What people don't get is little fish have just as much if not more than the bigger fish. Some examples are Clownfish. There is nothing like when you walk into your fish room and he comes up to the glass as you put your face up to the glass and you see his little expression saying hi! You notice how they are grazing when you first come in but the moment they see you they are up at the front of the glass saying "here I am!" Another example is the Royal Gramma. This fish is always out and when a fish gets near it, it trys to show that he is hot stuff by opening up his mouth real big. Mine likes to nibble on my hand. A lawnmower blenny is hard to beat. This little fish has an expression out of this world. They look so sad but ours comes up to the front of the tank as soon as it sees you. Clown Gobies just are so cute and have that expression always on there face that makes them that way. I thought I would share some examples on why little fish can be as entertaining or more entertaining than like a lionfish or a large angelfish or tang. I see so many people who want to start a s/w but want these big fish and don't want to pay for all the tank and rock to support them. What they don't understand is these little fish are just as amazing. No they won't go out and eat other fish but what more can you ask for than about 5 peaceful s/w fish that are small nibbling out of your hand?
    New chatroom!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Good thoughts! Im days away from starting my first nano! I am slowly collecting the hardware right now...
    55 - 16 Malawi Chiclids, 3 Zebra Dainos, one Decorus, two Yo Yo's
    10 - 1 male betta, 1 Striped Raphael, 4 Cory Cats, 4 Ottos, 1 ghost shrimp, 1 Bristlenose
    29 - Lionhead goldfish, 3 Fancy Goldfish, Common pleco
    29 - Saltwater, still in the planning/building stage

0 Not allowed!
    How big? What equipment you have?
    New chatroom!

Awards Showcase

For doing such good research!! - Rue hehe. - Tolley nascar prize - sailor Happy Birthday! - squirt_12 For rescuing feeders!  Way to go! - Rue 
    Thanks for the rep! - robnepper To the only guy to quote himself! - Mr.Prototype Thinking of Noah & your family xxx - Fishalicious For your 1 year at AC xxx - Fishalicious Not enough gifts - The Red Severum 
    you need more! - The Red Severum one more! - The Red Severum won the lottery with your donation, had to buy you a beer - mrs fishpatrick Time for another round! - northernguy A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey 
    Here's one on the house, Nick. - robnepper Merry Christmas - Northernguy Thanks!! - Wild Turkey your info has been great the last couple of days - The Red Severum I appreciate your generousity! - Brookfish 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - NickFish Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NickFish Childhood Cancer - NickFish Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - NickFish 

0 Not allowed!
    That's very true kuli.

I find that almost all SW fish have better personalities than FW. But maybe it just seems that way.

You can't beat goby expressions. Very funny.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, i dont want to kill your thread, but....

10g, basic glass tank. putting a modified Aqua clear on the back...im basically copying this tank http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...hreadid=679159

I haven't bought anything yet, except for the tank, that is sitting around, so i could be talked into a cube or something...im still doing the homework stage of this adventure
    55 - 16 Malawi Chiclids, 3 Zebra Dainos, one Decorus, two Yo Yo's
    10 - 1 male betta, 1 Striped Raphael, 4 Cory Cats, 4 Ottos, 1 ghost shrimp, 1 Bristlenose
    29 - Lionhead goldfish, 3 Fancy Goldfish, Common pleco
    29 - Saltwater, still in the planning/building stage

0 Not allowed!
    I know what you mean.

One of my smallest fish, a tail-spot blenny, is full of personality. My flame hawkfish is perhaps the most comical fish I have.

But the one fish of mine that seems to have the most personality is my valentini puffer (more of a medium than small fish, I suppose). Now, I've got fish which may swim up to the glass or look in 'my direction' or 'at me', but this inquisitive puffer actually looks me straight in the eye.
    African cichlid and saltwater aquariums

http://www.rowelab.com/AquaControlle...9&scope=last24

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice. What type of light/corals do you plan on putting on it? I can answer a few questions for ya!
    New chatroom!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaybee
    I know what you mean.

One of my smallest fish, a tail-spot blenny, is full of personality. My flame hawkfish is perhaps the most comical fish I have.

But the one fish of mine that seems to have the most personality is my valentini puffer (more of a medium than small fish, I suppose). Now, I've got fish which may swim up to the glass or look in 'my direction' or 'at me', but this inquisitive puffer actually looks me straight in the eye.
    OMG puffers have SOOOO much personality! I want a puffer SOOO bad. My LFS had one for the longest and it had like a puppy face all the time going "feed me feed me!"
    New chatroom!

0 Not allowed!
    I know this thread is about the personality of saltwater fish but I have to mention my Synodontis. I love how I walk up to the tank and he comes out of wherever he is and we sit nose to nose looking at one another. I find this unusal for catfish who are generally sleeping during the day. We used to do this all the time until I put him in my planted tank and he then become scarce. I moved him back to his original tank because I missed him and this contact with him. I have two of these catfish but his friendliness definately makes him my favorite.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    bicolour blennies have amazing personalities. Also, may blackcap basslet has a great personality

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast