· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

No Message - Abbeys_Mom Please accept this as a token of my appreciation - crackatinny Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy For being a great poster from Hobbs - hobbs thank you so much!!!  you're awesome!  here's some champagne!  i know, you can't drink it!!  lololol - jeffs99dime 
    A rose for you, just for being you....all Moms deserve flowers! - kimmers318 Back at ya! - hobbs Sorry I beat your Tetris record :D - Chrona You need some good luck! - Lady Hobbs That one might not be enough!! - Lady Hobbs 
    candy, little girl? - Lady Hobbs Happy Mothers Day! - Drumachine09 A Birthday drink - crackatinny WELCOME BACK! - Lady Hobbs Happy B-day, and thank you for the cake! - DemonShark 
    For your new tank - Northernguy Have another! - Northernguy 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Abbeys_Mom Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Abbeys_Mom Childhood Cancer - Abbeys_Mom Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Abbeys_Mom 

Default Trojan Battle in my tank

0 Not allowed!
    After buying 3 female barbs today and doing some research on sexing barbs. I have found that I have 3 small male moss barbs, 3 female tiger barbs and 2 enormous male tiger barbs. The males have been sparing all evening. The red fanned dorsals remind me of the Trojan helmets, lol. I hope they resolve it soon!
    Greatest Guitar Forum Ever
    www.thestringnetwork.com

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Tigers are buttheads,Ive had mine for 5 years now,there are 2 left and they havnt resolved anything!

0 Not allowed!
    I've watched the Tigers... threatening to get some several times but each time think of their fin nipping, snotty attitudes and run out of the store before I end up with some. I might, someday, try some cherry barbs but just don't want to "go there" with the tigers. I have no where to return fish here if they don't work out for me so have to be very careful of what I buy. They upset my tank it's "lights out" for them.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 07-20-2008 at 01:06 PM.

Awards Showcase

No Message - Abbeys_Mom Please accept this as a token of my appreciation - crackatinny Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy For being a great poster from Hobbs - hobbs thank you so much!!!  you're awesome!  here's some champagne!  i know, you can't drink it!!  lololol - jeffs99dime 
    A rose for you, just for being you....all Moms deserve flowers! - kimmers318 Back at ya! - hobbs Sorry I beat your Tetris record :D - Chrona You need some good luck! - Lady Hobbs That one might not be enough!! - Lady Hobbs 
    candy, little girl? - Lady Hobbs Happy Mothers Day! - Drumachine09 A Birthday drink - crackatinny WELCOME BACK! - Lady Hobbs Happy B-day, and thank you for the cake! - DemonShark 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Abbeys_Mom Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Abbeys_Mom Childhood Cancer - Abbeys_Mom Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Abbeys_Mom 

0 Not allowed!
    I had a good look at both males this morning and there doesn't appear to be any damage. It was all for show. It doesn't bother me, as long as they keep the nipping to themselves and keep the torn fins to a minimun. It was more interesting to watch then what was on the TV last night, lol.
    www.thestringnetwork.com

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    I've watched the Tigers... threatening to get some several times but each time think of their fin nipping, snotty attitudes and run out of the store before I end up with some. I might, someday, try some cherry barbs but just don't want to "go there" with the tigers. I have no where to return fish here if they don't work out for me so have to be very careful of what I buy. They upset my tank it's "lights out" for them.

I have 2 cherry barbs in my community tank and I can say that from my experience they are incredibly docile as far as barbs go.. If you have had the itch to grab them I think you will be suprised.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The best situation for tigers is a tank of there own .With some catfish for the bottom.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeh I'm going to get rid of my tigers - I don't know how to sex them but they all fight and I started with 7 and now only have 4! I am SO tired of their attitudes they are my only middle swimmers so they just kill each other! Mine do that ALL the time and have not been hurt from that that I can tell - mostly when they won't stop chasing each other and nipping fins! I have lost some in the past, too those 3 have been in the last 4 months and from the other barb "eating" their fins!
    Jade
    125 gal- chromobotia macracanthus, Baryancistrus beggini(L239)
    60 gal - planning for (tentatively) Celestial pearl danios and a pseudacanthicus cf. leopardus (L-114) - pterygoplichthys disjunctivus (needs a new home!)
    20 gal - pangio kuhlii
    10 gal Q tank
    Counting the YEARS to get my 200 gal!!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    The males have red (or redder) noses.
    www.thestringnetwork.com

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yup,red noses and edging means males,its only prominent when mature.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Than I have ALL or mostly males which could explain my problems... either way I am getting rid of them (by giving them back or to someone else) because I have bought them numerous times and continue to get all males... and continue to get constant fighting. thanks for the info though - explains a lot!
    Jade
    125 gal- chromobotia macracanthus, Baryancistrus beggini(L239)
    60 gal - planning for (tentatively) Celestial pearl danios and a pseudacanthicus cf. leopardus (L-114) - pterygoplichthys disjunctivus (needs a new home!)
    20 gal - pangio kuhlii
    10 gal Q tank
    Counting the YEARS to get my 200 gal!!