· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Bumblebee catfish

0 Not allowed!
    I noticed that alot of the pet stores around the area have the black and white bumblebee catfish that supposively grow about 4 to 5 inches in length. Will these be O.K. for a 29 gal or 55 gal., my 29 has 1 angel, 1 female betta, 2 mollies and 1 small clown loach which will be moved later. My 55 has 2 weather loaches, 3 small albino cory's, 1 female betta, 1 honey gourami, 2 bristlenose pleco's and a few other smaller fish like 2 zebra danio's and 2 black skirt tetras. I just don't want something that's going to eat all my fish eventually.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Bumblebee catfish will be fine in those tanks, as long as they're really Microglanis iheringi, aka Bumblebee catfish. I mention this because there is sometimes confusion with an asian version that goes by the same name, but gets much bigger.

Depending on current stocking, you could safely have 2 in the 29g and 3 in the 55g. They need a good hiding place for during the day, a nice big piece of driftwood or a "house" made from slate. Ideally there shouldn't be too much light inside.

A few little things about this species:
    - They'll eat any fry in the tank, so if you want to breed fish you'll have to either move the parents or the catfish. That's actually why we bought one, to control the platy population.
    - You don't see them a whole lot. The best time is after lights out when it's dark in the aquarium. For them to be comfortable they need a place to hide in during the day, but they'll prowl all night long.
    - When on their nighttime prowls, they can spook other fish, so make sure you have good lids

They're a very interesting fish, and one of the few "catfishy" catfish that'll fit on your average tank. Good luck with them.
    My AC Fish Gallery:
    Another gallery with my fish

21 Gallon - 3 Ornate Tetras, 7 Pencilfish, 1 Oto cat, 7 Amano shrimp, 1 Peckoltia brevis, 1 clown pleco
    15 Gallon - 1 clown pleco, 6 threadfin rainbows
    10 Gallon - 7 Galaxy Rasboras, 4 Betta rutilans, Cherry shrimp, 1 Hillstream Loach
    65 Gallon - Cycling!