· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Awards Showcase

For doing such good research!! - Rue hehe. - Tolley nascar prize - sailor Happy Birthday! - squirt_12 For rescuing feeders!  Way to go! - Rue 
    Thanks for the rep! - robnepper To the only guy to quote himself! - Mr.Prototype Thinking of Noah & your family xxx - Fishalicious For your 1 year at AC xxx - Fishalicious Not enough gifts - The Red Severum 
    you need more! - The Red Severum one more! - The Red Severum won the lottery with your donation, had to buy you a beer - mrs fishpatrick Time for another round! - northernguy A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey 
    Here's one on the house, Nick. - robnepper Merry Christmas - Northernguy Thanks!! - Wild Turkey your info has been great the last couple of days - The Red Severum I appreciate your generousity! - Brookfish 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - NickFish Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NickFish Childhood Cancer - NickFish Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - NickFish 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Halelorf
    Here is one that I found. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...9&pcatid=18689 I was looking for one that i've seen online before that is really insane. It runs around $3,000 though so I won't have it for a long long time.
    Those things are amazing!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I keep mine between 78 and 80 degrees.

0 Not allowed!
    ...and also from the makers of the Galileo for corals with more intense lighting requirements (and more expensive LED systems):
    http://www.solarisled.com/Products/t...6/Default.aspx
    African cichlid and saltwater aquariums

http://www.rowelab.com/AquaControlle...9&scope=last24

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Records like those fluctuations are rare and do not represent global trends. These animals are used to environments that are just about as stable as this planet offers. And every species, population, and colony has its own limitations.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaybee
    ...and also from the makers of the Galileo for corals with more intense lighting requirements (and more expensive LED systems):
    http://www.solarisled.com/Products/t...6/Default.aspx
    This is the one I was looking for earlier. Couldn't remember the name but they look really nice.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Holy crap those are expensive, I'll have to wait till they drop in price and I can actually see some in action.

0 Not allowed!
    From what I've heard from other hobbyists in my local area there's a fairly new SW LFS in town which has Solaris LED's over all (or most) of their coral systems. I'll have to make it over there one of these days to get a first hand look at them.
    African cichlid and saltwater aquariums

http://www.rowelab.com/AquaControlle...9&scope=last24

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I agree that stability is good and that's why I maintain it. I just thought I'd throw that our there for discussion. Thanks for the info.

- Bill
    90G Reef Build Thread

90 Gallon Reef: Ocellaris Clowns, Midas Blenny, Ignitus Anthias, Various inverts
    20 Gallon SW Quarantine: Exquisite Wrasse
    10 Gallon SW Quarantine: Empty
    55 Gallon Community: Neon Tetras, Gold Neon Tetras, GloFish, Corydoras (paleatus & trilineatus), Otocinclus, Mollies, Platies, Apple Snails
    5 Gallon: Crowntail Betta, African Dwarf Frog

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    78F during the winter since the tank heater turns on and 82F during the summer because I keep my AC at around 80F and the pumps, filter, and lighting heats up the tank a couple degrees from room temp.

I've heard that the LED systems are great for soft corals and your average SW tank, but don't cut it if you do hard corals. I'd definately get one if I could get a comparible product to the compact flourecent lighting at around $200.
    Last edited by jttt3; 07-17-2008 at 12:25 PM.
    James Tucker
    Clearwater, FL USA
    40 Gallon - 30lb LR

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    78 keeps fish and corals happy