· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've seen those before. I'm not sure what their scientific name, but I believe they are really good jumpers. If I were you I would not keep it in an open top tank.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yup Slimy,you are right on!I went to look at my new specimen and it was gone?!I searched the floor area to see if it were close by but I only found this.
    I am unsure what may have caused it or maybe the critter succumbed to a bad case of velvet or the like.Any ideas?

0 Not allowed!
    I am curious as to what kind of filter you are using -- I hear these type of catfish are quite particular about that and can be very messy!!!
    Kim

"Say what you mean and
    Mean what you say"

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    many types of filters can be used of course,and this should probably be transferred over to the tech forum but Ill digress a bit further.This is the type I use,now I dont want to hear it from the hi flow vs low flow boys about my choices so just bite your tounge OK.

0 Not allowed!
    this is one funny post
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fins_n_fur
    oh-oh...this post is going scatalogical
    Oh my my my!I feel like I gotta go.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry, but I think it's time to intervene in this nonsense. You all have it wrong. WRONG, I say.

This particular fish is obviously a domestic kittykaticus. They are adaptable to a wide range of conditions, but, unlike other fish, they do not like water. Temperature can vary widely, but uniquely to this particular species, the exact temperature of a human lap seems to be most welcome.

They are not typically highly active specimens and can be found laying about their habitat at all hours of the day. They require at least twice weekly litter changes.

I know all of this because I have 6 of them in a 3,000 square foot house...I mean, tank.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    that is very good info GM it explains alot,I thought for a moment while trying to acclimitize him to the tank that I had purchased a talking catfish of some sort Maybe you should submit an article about this specimen to William

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    After careful review, I've now concluded the little furry guy isn't a fish at all, but is a fish keeper who is wanting to be a smaug keeper.

I think he's just coaxing smaug to jump in the tank so he can take command of the house....
    -- nw
    125 fw community planted: 4 cory, 6 kuhli loach, 3 guppy, 1 gourami, 1 betta, 6 angel, 4 oto cats, 1 albino pleco, 3 yo-yo, 8 danio, 1 ghost knife