· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cory cat

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty
    I can read just fine, I think you need to calm down a bit about what other people think. Just because what someone says is not 100% the same as what you belive, you dont have to get definsive about what you think.
    Saying one thing and having facts is another.The FACT is short barbells,do not have anything to do with the health of the fish.You need to calm down too.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbum
    Saying one thing and having facts is another.The FACT is short barbells,do not have anything to do with the health of the fish.You need to calm down too.
    Find the post where I said that please.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty
    Find the post where I said that please.
    Someone else said it.Let it go.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy
    I thought you were posting pictures for us to comment and I did. Apologies for the typo. I edited the original post.
    Sorry you did not like what I said about the picture. To answer your questions, your cory is 3 years old. It has at least 7 to go, and many more in it's natural lifespan. Stubby barbels, bent dorsal fin, mis-shaped eye are not signs of a healthy cory.
    Here is the post ty,now let it go.
    Like I said someone else said it.

0 Not allowed!
    ...and now I am telling you all to let it go. We are done with this line of discussion. Thank you.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have let it go,so why do you keep posting on it?????

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbum
    As a moderator,you should have stopped this.I was not looking to have this fish criticised by someone who cleary had no facts about this fish,nor did he ask for any.I am new to this forum,and was just posting some pics for fun.I have not asked for advice from anyone her yet,and because of this I probably will not.The fish I posted the pic of had been sick,and I thought for sure was going to die.After a month in a quarantine tank,it pulled through.Slimy took one look at this fish,made a ignorant assumption,and decided to go on and on about it.Once he saw he had clearly angered me,he should have been smart enough to back off.But instead he ignorantly posted a pic of his.I have news for slimy.Long barbells on cory cats are by no means a sign of health.The ones I have bought from local breeders generally have the longer barbells.This one happened to come from Petco,and as a result,from what was probably inbreeding from their supplier,has always had short barbells.
    There was no reason to stop the conversation until it became a shouting match. We make the decisions when to stop a thread. Calling out a Moderator--any one of us--in the open forum is not a particularly good idea. We are here to help. If we were to shut down every thread that started to go awry we'd never get anything else done. We expect our members to be able to shift back to a mature line of discussion without always having us run in to solve issues.

If you post a picture you must know people will chime in with opinions. There were no ignorant assumptions but rather a post of information that the member thought to be pertinent.

To say the member should have backed off when "he had clearly angered me" is not an appropriate statement. Perhaps you both should have been a bit more clear to resolve the difference.

I am closing this thread. Enough is enough.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.