· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cory cat

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbum
    When did I ask you to "teach" me anything?

Why are you taking this to your heart....Everybody is here to help each other and share their experience....expressing their suggestion doesnt mean anyone is trying to prove you wrong or that you dont know anything.....end of the day what we discuss here is for the good of our fishes...sarcasm and argument spoils the moment........nobody is an expert or total dumb here...everybody shares what they have experienced....comeon sport
    It is better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Im trying to get a picture of my larger female peppered corie to show you, her barbles are about twice as long as yours, and she is kept in a tank with sand. She also laid her first eggs recentally, and never did before I switched to sand.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by donvichu
    Why are you taking this to your heart....Everybody is here to help each other and share their experience....expressing their suggestion doesnt mean anyone is trying to prove you wrong or that you dont know anything.....end of the day what we discuss here is for the good of our fishes...sarcasm and argument spoils the moment........nobody is an expert or total dumb here...everybody shares what they have experienced....comeon sport
    My sentiments exactly. Well said.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks slimy,I reported your on going drivel!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gm72
    My sentiments exactly. Well said.
    As a moderator,you should have stopped this.I was not looking to have this fish criticised by someone who cleary had no facts about this fish,nor did he ask for any.I am new to this forum,and was just posting some pics for fun.I have not asked for advice from anyone her yet,and because of this I probably will not.The fish I posted the pic of had been sick,and I thought for sure was going to die.After a month in a quarantine tank,it pulled through.Slimy took one look at this fish,made a ignorant assumption,and decided to go on and on about it.Once he saw he had clearly angered me,he should have been smart enough to back off.But instead he ignorantly posted a pic of his.I have news for slimy.Long barbells on cory cats are by no means a sign of health.The ones I have bought from local breeders generally have the longer barbells.This one happened to come from Petco,and as a result,from what was probably inbreeding from their supplier,has always had short barbells.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbum
    As a moderator,you should have stopped this.I was not looking to have this fish criticised by someone who cleary had no facts about this fish,nor did he ask for any.I am new to this forum,and was just posting some pics for fun.I have not asked for advice from anyone her yet,and because of this I probably will not.The fish I posted the pic of had been sick,and I thought for sure was going to die.After a month in a quarantine tank,it pulled through.Slimy took one look at this fish,made a ignorant assumption,and decided to go on and on about it.Once he saw he had clearly angered me,he should have been smart enough to back off.But instead he ignorantly posted a pic of his.I have news for slimy.Long barbells on cory cats are by no means a sign of health.The ones I have bought from local breeders generally have the longer barbells.This one happened to come from Petco,and as a result,from what was probably inbreeding from their supplier,has always had short barbells.

don't make threads of you don't want people offering their opinions.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty
    Im trying to get a picture of my larger female peppered corie to show you, her barbles are about twice as long as yours, and she is kept in a tank with sand. She also laid her first eggs recentally, and never did before I switched to sand.
    Don't bother with pics.The cories in this tank with the dreaded gravel have laid eggs.I also have more cories in this tank with barbells twice as long as the fish posted also.
    Read the post above to find out all the details you obviously need about this particular fish.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    don't make threads of you don't want people offering their opinions.
    Opinions are one thing,criticsms are another.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I can read just fine, I think you need to calm down a bit about what other people think. Just because what someone says is not 100% the same as what you belive, you dont have to get definsive about what you think.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I can read just fine, I think you need to calm down a bit about what other people think. Just because what someone says is not 100% the same as what you belive, you dont have to get definsive about what you think.
    Let it go And do not tell me how to think ty.