• Nokia n95 black

7 29.17%
  • Other

5 20.83%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mobile phone ?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift for cheering me up!!! - angelcakes   It's a ribbon stand in! - Rue   for all the frog help thanks mate - angelcakes   A small gift - William   good 2 see you back - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini
    Depends what you want the phone for billy.
    If you want web browsing you will not get better web browsing then on the iphone. Safari makes web browsing exactly like on the PC. Sites like AC which are awful on the N95 look exactly like on the PC on the iphone.
    GPS - I find better on the N95
    Photos - pretty obvious - N95 5MP iphone 2MP camera.
    Music - much of a muchness
    If you want the latest device that everyone will have get iphone.
    N95 is much thicker than an iphone.
    Support - through apple is pretty good, nokia can leave a bit to be desired.
    Source - I work for a telco. i have both devices on my desk as we speak...
    I must say that mobile web for me... I work outdoors for the best part of my day and on standby alot of the time so i use my phone to kill time on the web, so if i was to ask you to pick one witch one would be your winner over all ?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here is a cuter version for you. - smaug   a cory for your latest sucess :) - graceluvsplatys   Great new tank,! Hope it brings you lots of M.T.S lol - Ryuu   Yay I got my first two awards! - Gemini   No Message - Wild Turkey   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Gemini   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Gemini   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Gemini   Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Gemini   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Gemini   

0 Not allowed!
    If you want a phone to kill time get the iphone. I never thought I would say it until I played with it. I thought all this hype over another phone for crying out loud. That was until I played with the web browsing. It is amazing. Absolutely phenomenal!! I looked up the AC site, I can browse through it all, just touch links to open them, pinch in and out to zoom. The other cool thing about the iphone for this is the light sensing. If it is brighter outside the iphone senses it and darkens the screen so you can actually see it. So you can actually use it well outside as well as inside without having your hand over it. Also the other apps things you can put on it are pretty cool for time wasting too ;).
    I just read this and it sounds a bit sales pitchy but I honestly think if you want a good device to waste time with you will love the iphone!!!
    You Tube vids - look just like on the PC.
    Seven hours video time off a full charge.
    Edit - I just thought I would point out that normally I would say Nokia all the way! So it says a lot for the device for me to look past my natural like for the Nokia.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

welcome to ac! - cocoa_pleco   lol, have a heavy beer too! - cocoa_pleco   mixing your drinks, I see - Lady Hobbs   hobbs, he aint goin anywhere without a margarita! - cocoa_pleco   let's get corked - Lady Hobbs   
    HIV/AIDS - digital3   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - digital3   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - digital3   

0 Not allowed!
    ....add the app store that is coming soon and you will have games as well! Like I said, you need to own and use an iPhone for a while to really understand what all the hype is about. Keep in mind that this is also a rev 1 product and it is built solid (yeah, I've banged my phone on the road a few times too). I've always been a gadget nut, but having Google Maps built into the phone makes it indispensable. Add GPS and it will be killer.

I used to own a Treo and it was a solid phone in its day, but it was just SOOO lacking... Yes, a phone is used to make calls. But the iPhone does that well also. Especially Visual Voicemail. Imagine never having to call into voicemail again to retrieve your messages, you just choose the message you want to access or delete from a list.

The iPhone is not for everybody, and if you just want a phone then don't get it. The thing that needs to be realized is some people want/need more than just a phone. They need a device to help them keep organized. And honestly, some people don't want to be carrying around a cell phone, an iPod/MP3 player, an organizer and even a computer while going about your business. Some people want something that does it all and does it well. For me personally, I also need a phone that will sync calendars, mail and addresses seamlessly with my Mac. No device does that better for me than an iPhone. I can't tell you how many times I lost data trying to sync with my Treo and can't imagine the Nokia being any better.

Also, I just can't agree with calling it a "fashion statement" or a "trendy device." I use this phone as a serious tool, to keep me organized, get me from here to there, do "in the field" research using the net and for entertainment using the built in iPod, Video (which looks great), YouTube and the web. When the 2.0 software is released and the Apps come out it's going to make the phone even more valuable, especially since they are finally adding exchange support and more robust support for enterprise applications. For Email I use my Gmail address and sync my phone and my computer using IMAP. That means that whenever I delete or file away messages from either my computer or my phone it stays in sync with itself without having to deal with "duped" messages.

All that for 200 bucks US (the cost of the new iPhone 3G)... That doesn't sound very expensive to me... Especially, once again, since the value is added whenever the software is upgraded (which happens every few months). And many times, you get more than just bug fixes. My 1st gen iPhone will get the same cool software that the iPhone 3G will have (v 2.0). The only things my phone won't get will be the hardware stuff (3G/GPS/more storage).

In the end, the iPhone has changed how I do things. I have honestly been waiting for a phone like this for years. Ever since I got my first electronic organizer back in the 90's and my first cell phone around the same time. I always wished there was a convergence between the two devices. It just made sense to have your phone contacts/calenders/Email and everything being accessed from one device and set of apps. I think it's just unintuitive and redundant having your phone numbers on your phone and then phone numbers and email addresses on your computer and then have them again in an organizer... etc. etc. That's where these devices help (even the Nokias, Blackberries, whatever). It's just the iPhone does all of that really really well.

If you got this far... CONGRATULATIONS! My fanboy rant is over! Sorry again... Just wanted to share my experiences.
    "My call sign is digital3... But you can call me Joda!"
    Click Here to visit my Blog
    Click Here to see my Pics S.S.A.A.C. & S.R.S.

55 gal. planted (Co2 Pressurized) - 1 Featherfin Syno, 2 Bolivian Rams, 2 SAEs, 3 Congo Tetras, 4 Long Fin Rosy Barbs, 6 Sunset Platys, 2 Lyre Tailed Swordtails, 3 Peppered Corys, 2 YoYo Loaches
    3 gal. planted nano (no Co2) - 1 spotted puffer, 3 Neon Tetras

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift for cheering me up!!! - angelcakes   It's a ribbon stand in! - Rue   for all the frog help thanks mate - angelcakes   A small gift - William   good 2 see you back - angelcakes   

Thumbs up

0 Not allowed!
    Well guy'n'gals im completely sold on the iphone3G and have now pre-ordered a white 16gigabyte one and cant wait to get my hands on it on friday, i'd like to thank you all for your votes and views on the subject, i'd also like to personally thank DIGITAL3 for your factual input ,

Aaaahaha i cant wait lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC. - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for the kind words. - William   Ya scared the S outta me - Lady Hobbs   'cos ure special.... - Gemstone   for being so nice to our underwater friends - ladyoutlaw50   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Boertjie   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Boertjie   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billythefish
    What would you get?, im at the end of my contract and cant make my mined up whether to get the iphone3G or nokia n95 black.
    We had quite a bit of problems with the N95.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Angry :'( :-(:'(

0 Not allowed!
    Well today i should of got my iphone 3g but the punk firm i pre-ordered with sold out! The cheeky punks toke orders that thay had no way of compleating due to a lack of stock, thay suck, now i have to wait a week or more

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billythefish
    Well today i should of got my iphone 3g but the punk firm i pre-ordered with sold out! The cheeky punks toke orders that thay had no way of compleating due to a lack of stock, thay suck, now i have to wait a week or more
    thats a bummer.......should of gonr for the nokia you would have it now
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for being a nice person! ...and the fiendship! :-) - digital3   Thanks for ID'ing my Apisto - Spyder   youre always so nice! - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas Jess :) - MeganL3985   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Fishalicious   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fishalicious   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Fishalicious   HIV/AIDS - Fishalicious   

0 Not allowed!
    It'll be worth the wait... pimped our Iphone with Music video ringtones yesterday ... very cool
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    My S.O. wants an Iphone we just cant get AT*T service where we live so thats out. I have had fabulous luck out of my Motorolla Razr V3m...I bought mine when they first came out..I think now theyre still in the $200 range. It has been dropped on concrete...had stuff spilled on it, its been dropped and accidently kicked a few times. And despite a few scratches its unscaved...tough as nails phones. I will probably always go with Motorolla for this simple fact...Im kind of a clutz and am accident prone.
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Talking

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishalicious
    It'll be worth the wait... pimped our Iphone with Music video ringtones yesterday ... very cool
    Lol that dosen't help haha i want one now