· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Terrific article! Thanks Dave.

I'm new here and new to keeping fish, but I have three trilineatus (thought they were julii until you got me to look into it a bit more). I'd like to add to this thread that I almost made a huge mistake today. Someone had recommended to me that aquarium salt can be good for fish so I bought some when I was out earlier. Luckily I did some research before I put it in, and learned what I'm sure most of you know: that salt can be extremely harmful to corys.

Anyway, thanks again for all your hard work.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have two salt-and-pepper cories, one julii (I think), and three pygmaeus. They're SO CUTE!
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae

0 Not allowed!
    This is brilliant! I had to run over to my tank after reading the Three-Line Cory section... Now I'm convinced that was I thought were Julii Cories are actually Three-Lines!

0 Not allowed!
    Great... This article is just what I needed to read to help me prepare my aquarium for my school of Albino Cory.

-Robert P. Lewis

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the info, Dave.

I have three (false?) Julii, one bigger than the others, in my 55 gal tank. I bought what I thought were the same corys but they turned out to be Serbai corys and I think these get bigger than the others. Not sure I want a 2.5-3" size cory in my aquarium. Will they intimidate the 2" corys? Take all the food? The LFS says I can exchange for the smaller version if I want, but I've gotten to kind of like these. They are pretty timid in the quarantine tank, though. They stay together all the time. Are you familiar with them?

I would also get at least two more false Julii to have a total of 7. Does this seem ok? I also have 3 Otos and would like to get about 3 more.....and I bought two more Kuhli loaches to have a total of 5 in the 55 gal. Is this too many bottom/scavenger feeders?

0 Not allowed!
    sally, please start your own thread to ask your questions. Stickies are there for information, not for asking questions. Besides, Dave has not been on in nearly a year.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1