· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a drink on me - Dave66   From a fellow BC boy - sailor   For making a great game - Futureboy   thanks for the rep. - robnepper   Congrats on your Gold Award :) - SkinnyChicken   
    Autism - doug z   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - doug z   

0 Not allowed!
    Great article, Dave!

Maybe I'll get a dwarf cichlid, rather than dwarf gourami?
    75g - 20 cardinals : 7 panda cory : 5 Julii cory : 9 zebra danios : 1 CAE : 2 SAE : 2 yo-yos : 1 BN
    25g: 5 long-finned zebra danios

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TorqueWorks
    Thank you Dave for this article. It is very helpful. I currently have the smooth gravel in my tank. Is that a problem for them?
    Will be fine, as long as you have good circulation in your tank via filtration to help keep the substrate top fresh for the Corys, Torque.

Dave

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Great job on your cycle! Hope the tank brings many years of happiness! - Ryuu   Thanks to you too! - William   major suck up!  LOLOL - Lady Hobbs   Congrats on the little Fishpatrick on the Way!!! - Fishalicious   for my munchies - mrs fishpatrick   
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - mrs fishpatrick   

0 Not allowed!
    i enjoyed reading this, very usefull info thanks

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For all the kind words! - Brookfish   For your kind words & you need a cory - Celtic Fins   Congratulations on your awards - Celtic Fins   Kudos on the nicest comet gold Ive seen in awhile! - MCHRKiller   for being relevent to the irelevent - smaug   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice article~maybe you could post something about common illnesses particular to corys?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    Corys are susceptible to the same phalanx of diseases regular fish are. Keep in mind that fish diseases are almost always the fishkeeper's fault. The other is not being aware of the health of a fish you buy.

Dave

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For all the kind words! - Brookfish   For your kind words & you need a cory - Celtic Fins   Congratulations on your awards - Celtic Fins   Kudos on the nicest comet gold Ive seen in awhile! - MCHRKiller   for being relevent to the irelevent - smaug   

0 Not allowed!
    Will different corys breed together?
    29: Harlequin Raspboras, Zebra Danios, Black Skirt Tetras, Platies, Neon Tetras, CAE
    10: Otos, Amano Shrimp, Cherry Shrimp

Latest gifts & ribbons:

this is what you can do with points - hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    What about Albino corys?
    I've had mine, 3 of them, for over a year now. But my ph is a natural 8.0 and they are doing great. They are great to watch and one of my favorites :)
    The truth is out there
    -------------------------
    55 g
    3 Angel
    3 Albino Corie
    1 Balloon molly
    1 pleco
    2 Flamingo gourami

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Outstanding primer Dave!
    I have never seen it but yes Corys are capable of breeding with a different family of corys.I don't think it happens that often but they do mix.This conversation came up a while back.
    Last edited by Northernguy; 01-11-2009 at 04:44 PM.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a drink on me - Dave66   From a fellow BC boy - sailor   For making a great game - Futureboy   thanks for the rep. - robnepper   Congrats on your Gold Award :) - SkinnyChicken   
    Autism - doug z   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - doug z   

0 Not allowed!
    But my ph is a natural 8.0 and they are doing great.
    Wow..

8.0 pH is far from ideal, but sounds as if they've adapted admirably..

Goes to show that pH stability is more important than trying to adjust the pH of your tap water constantly to achieve a pH more suited to what the fish are genetically predisposed to..

But I would definitely get more than 3, Holbriter, if your tank's not fully stocked as is..

They love to be in groups of at least 6..
    75g - 20 cardinals : 7 panda cory : 5 Julii cory : 9 zebra danios : 1 CAE : 2 SAE : 2 yo-yos : 1 BN
    25g: 5 long-finned zebra danios

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your 1st gift - bluebluecow   Have another! - Northernguy   neons do better in a shoal. - Brookfish   You need another - Agassizii   I think you need one of these too. - Celtic Fins   
    Autism - Neon   

Default Wow !!!!

0 Not allowed!
    you deserve an Honoris laurea in fishkeeping !!! Can I ask u a question? Can I add a school of dwarf cories to my 135 litres ? Now I got only 1 betta male + 15 happy neons. and if answer is yes how many of them ? can they be introduced all in one go ? Water chemicals indicator are all ok, just in the average values, ph is around 7, and water is crystal clear , I mean no tannine and i suppose water is not particularly soft either.
    again well done , bravo !
    Neon

135 liters planted tank ( 29.696 UK Gal. or 35.66 US Gal. ) .
    2 Angel fish ( Scalare )
    8 Tetra Neons ,
    3 Otocinclus affinis ( Oto )
    3 Platies
    1 Dwarf Gouramis ( Sunset , male )
    Assasin Snail
    See pics and size details in my blog

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...al&j=351#e5804