· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The original Eco-Complete of circa eight years ago was very, very sandy. The recent formulae is nothing like the original, as now days its quite corse.
    Cool thanks. I didn't know it had changed so much. That was the missing info.
    I think it should be part of the article though because I definitely wouldn't want anyone putting cories over the current eco-complete. At least the one I have is definitely very coarse and very sharp. Even CaribSea marks it as not burrower friendly.

0 Not allowed!
    Great primer Dave!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Great job, I really enjoyed reading it.

Awards Showcase

For doing such good research!! - Rue hehe. - Tolley nascar prize - sailor Happy Birthday! - squirt_12 For rescuing feeders!  Way to go! - Rue 
    Thanks for the rep! - robnepper To the only guy to quote himself! - Mr.Prototype Thinking of Noah & your family xxx - Fishalicious For your 1 year at AC xxx - Fishalicious Not enough gifts - The Red Severum 
    you need more! - The Red Severum one more! - The Red Severum won the lottery with your donation, had to buy you a beer - mrs fishpatrick Time for another round! - northernguy A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey 
    Here's one on the house, Nick. - robnepper Merry Christmas - Northernguy Thanks!! - Wild Turkey your info has been great the last couple of days - The Red Severum I appreciate your generousity! - Brookfish 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - NickFish Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NickFish Childhood Cancer - NickFish Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - NickFish 

0 Not allowed!
    Great primer Dave! Very well written, as always!

0 Not allowed!
    Great info dave, thanks. :) Could you maybe put an addendum here and go into the issues with the Brochisgenus and how it fits into the picture. I know it is a hotly contested area among ichthyologists right now and the taxonomy is constantly changing.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks GB. I'll talk with Ian as the prevailing though is the Brochis Genus will be dissolved and the species will now be in the Corydoras Genus. But, will check with him and see anything is written in stone, yet.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds great. Thanks Dave. THe poor species of that genus have flopped back and forth, they're having a regular old Identity crisis.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

0 Not allowed!
    It's that 'clade' stuff again. I know science wants life forms in proper order based on like characteristics and genetic markers, but it's a pain in the rear when you write about fish for a living, and you have a sinking feeling that the scientific names will have changed yet again by the time the book is published.

Now if they try to move Scleromystax into the Corydoras Genus . . . .

Thankfully, the fish don't care what their Genus and Species is.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave66
    Thankfully, the fish don't care what their Genus and Species is.
    Quite true. LOL

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you Dave for this article. It is very helpful. I currently have the smooth gravel in my tank. Is that a problem for them?
    75g, 1 Flying Fox, 4 Siamese Algae Eaters, 4 Panda Cory's, 4 Peppered Cory's, 6 Danio's, 9 Hemigrammus Erythrozonus - Glow light Tetra's, 2 Albino Bristle nose Pleco's (Male & Female), 3 Upside Down Catfish, 2 Powder Blue Gourami's
    Live Plants with no Co2. Perfectly Healthy & Nicely Fertilized.

Now with 1 baby Albino Bristle Nose.