· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

Default Should'a got Apisto's?????

0 Not allowed!
    I'm questioning my wisdom at getting these rainbowfish after wanting them for so long before buying them. Community fish just don't give me the thrill that cichlids do and I really debated between bows and apisto's for some time.

Doesn't matter now as I'm suck with them and will probably like them better when they grow and color up better. I have a dozen boesemani and only 3 of the 12 are showing any color but they are young. The M.rubripinnis is kinda nuts. Very active and likes to chase the others but they are also my oldest and largest (other than the fry.)

Feedings are like a frenzy. Each meal they act as it's their last. Several of them will be given away as the guy only sold by the dozen leaving me with too many of them for my tank size.

Still........I check out the apisto's......

0 Not allowed!
    Go for it.

0 Not allowed!
    Get apistos. You can have both, ya know.
    CORRECTED video of my fish. This link works. For sure. Really.

Tanks:
    20g long: 4 panda cories, 1 honey gourami, 1 apistogramma borellii, 1 male cacatuoides
    20g High: 3 bolivian rams, 12 rasboras
    8g hex: empty
    5g: empty

0 Not allowed!
    If you feel your overstocked maybe sell 4 of each type leaving you with 8 which is still a good size school.

50G Tank - Kyathit Danios, Zebra Danio, Swordtails, Silver Hatchetfish, Platy, Gold Barbs, Cherry Barbs, Bolivian Rams, Apisto, Zebra Loaches.
    20G 'Nano Fish' Tank - Pygmy Rasboras, Lampeyes, Sparkling Gouramis, CPD, Bronze Corydoras, Cherry Shrimp
    Wanted: More CPD's and Loaches.
    Keep updated with my fish world in my Blog! And my tanks Blog!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That would look cool. A tank with the "bows" in it and some A. Cacatuoides, or Agassizi Double red tail, or baenschi.
    20g long 84w, fluorite, planted, 5 Habrosus Corys, MTS, pair of Clown Pleco (L104)
    20gal tall: home to 10 brevis. Letting them pair off then will put the rest into the 55.
    55g empty

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    In my personal opinion rainbows are good for dithers to keep cichlids comfortable. Given a choice between the two, I'd never pick rainbows (or any schooling fish) over cichlids. I've been trying to convince myself to pick up some tetras for the 38 to keep the HRP's occupied, but I can't seem to find any locally that I like well enough to spend the $$ on. Not that I'm short on cash, just can't see spending it on tetras. I'll probably break down and do it though. Endler's would be snacks, not dithers.