· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: the lazy cory

1. Default the lazy cory

0 Not allowed!
    One of my corys seems to be acting kind of funny. All he does is sit on the bottom. He has barly moved in 2 days. I havent seen him eat or even go to the top for air. is there something wrong with him or is this normal behavier.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I remember you mentioning that one of your corys had fungus, is this cory maybe a little sick too? Can you see anything visibly wrong with him, rapid gill movement, poor colour, some sign of disease or is he just being really inactive?

I know that when my corys are stressed out (like when i clean the gravel and change the decorations and such) they pale out and go all still. Once things have quietened down they tentatively start waggling around again and then when I feed them, all is forgiven.

Do your corys have plenty of little hiding places? If not, perhaps he's feeling exposed and is stressed out because of it? Also, what are your water parameters? Maybe there's something there that might be affecting him.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My ammonia is high and also ive noticed he does have rapid gill movement.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, high ammonia could certainly explain inactivity. Ammonia is toxic for fish and it is going to make him feel yucky, and could end up killing him. Do you know how to resolve this issue, is this a new tank that is cycling or did something happen to cause it?
    Kimmer

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    its a new tank cycling. I am new at this so i bought too many fish right when i got the tank. I have been doing large water changes the past couple of days to try to help it. So far it hasnt helped much. after a 20% and a 50% water change in 2 days its still at 3. so i did another 50% today, without cleaning the gravel.

0 Not allowed!
    yeah. don't clean the gravel or change filter material until after the tank is fully cycled.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That cory is still doing the same thing and its been a week. My ammonia is still high even though I have been doing 50% water changes. The two days i have done 30%. I'm starting to show nitrites now so thats a good sign. I'm just worried about him, do you think he will be fine or should I do something else. I added stress zyme to my tank I'm hoping that will help out some.