· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default New Peppered Corys

0 Not allowed!
    So I finally got some fish in my tank after around a month of cycling.

I bought 3 peppered corys, and am going to add 3 more in a week or two.

I researched the LFSs in Denver and went to the one that seems to be the best reviewed (though it's on the other side of town). So far after being home for an hour or two they are looking really active. One seemed to get pretty stressed out in the bag, but he has gotten over it.

Anyway, are there any hints on taking care of Peppered Corys that I should know? For food I just got sinking shrimp pellets.

0 Not allowed!
    congrats on your corys
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    welcome aboard....congrats on successfully finishing your tank cycle and new fishes
    It is better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new fish. Hope they have a good healthy life. Would love to see some pics if you can post them.
    -10g-
    3 Red Tail Rasbora
    2 Pristella maxillaris
    2 Velvet Swords

-.5g Bowl-
    Empty

0 Not allowed!
    The corys will need more of a variety in their diet than just shrimp. They need some veggies, too. I would recommend Hikari sinking wafers or NLS water stable wafers. I prefer the NLS stuff myself.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys.

I tried to get a picture with my webcam but it doesn't go far enough. I'm just going to have to borrow a digital camera to get a picture of them. They seem to be sticking together so far, so maybe I'll be able to get all 3 in one shot.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Did you just add them to the tank? If so I would turn out the lights to reduce stress, till tomorrow. What I do is feed mine shrimp pellets in the morning and algae waffers at night. And on occasion they get cucumber. Very easy to take care of.
    20g long 84w, fluorite, planted, 5 Habrosus Corys, MTS, pair of Clown Pleco (L104)
    20gal tall: home to 10 brevis. Letting them pair off then will put the rest into the 55.
    55g empty

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gm72
    The corys will need more of a variety in their diet than just shrimp. They need some veggies, too. I would recommend Hikari sinking wafers or NLS water stable wafers. I prefer the NLS stuff myself.
    Definately! We alternate feeding our corys Hikari Sinking Wafers, Algae Wafers, and shrimp pellets, and they just love them! Have fun with your corys . . . they're real characters.
    36 gallon bowfront - "Hector" the Dwarf Gourami, 3 Peppered Corydoras, "Big Eric" the Rubberlip Pleco, "Killwillie" the German Blue Ram, and 9 Rummynose Tetras, 1 true Siamese Algae Eater

20 gallon long; Planted & Aquascaped (Dwarf Hairgrass, Scarlet Temple, Lace Java Fern, Red Ludwigia) - Female German Blue Ram, 4 Oto's, 11 Neon Tetras

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So my Corys are acting kind of odd. They swim all over the tank not the bottom and one of them goes to the top of the tank and breathes air quite a bit. I don't have a bubbler yet, but only have 3 fish in there so didn't think it was really necessary. Is the cory that keeps going to the top a sign that I should put a bubbler in quickly or is that common behavior? They're moving around a lot and don't look to be stressed out other than that.

0 Not allowed!
    Mine does that too... I think its normal