· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sounguru
    Aww crap more I have to read and that is gonna make me want more fish which means I have to go find more fish tanks....

Dave stop it already would ya.... ;-)
    He he, I'm working on a loach primer now, guru . . . .

Still have to add a couple links to my stuff in my sig.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    what about synodontis euptera? could 1 of these outgrow a 75 or 55 gallon with two angels and a school of tetras for tank mates?
    How do you care for this species?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave66 View Post
    They will eat whatever you give them, Red, as they discriminate on foods not a bit, though of course you will have your eye toward nutrition. You can use a good sinking catfish pellet, like Hikari's, for the staple, but a lot of their diet should be frozen worms and crustaceans, like blood and Tubifex worms, and Mysis shrimp. Get the frozen Mysis that are the freshwater species so your catfish won't have to void the salt. They'll even eat freeze dried food if you soak them before feeding so they'll sink. I soak mine in Kent Zoe, personally.
    You can use a vegetative pellet several times a week as they do like plant debris.
    So prepared foods sinking catfish pellets & a vegetative pellet, and a few frozen foods and your set. About three or four times a day, little meals. They'll have no trouble wiping out the food in under 30 seconds, believe me.

Dave
    Do they enjoy guppy fry? It seems I'm missing some and I had them with baby petricolas

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

AC's defender from spammers! - Boundava   Thanks for the rep and support - Silbar   Happy Anniversary! - RiversGirl   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Not a blue one, but still a betta. Congratulations! - mermaidwannabe   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Very old thread, Dave hasn't checked in here in years
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas back at you ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Congrats on the new fish ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsarecool View Post
    what about synodontis euptera? could 1 of these outgrow a 75 or 55 gallon with two angels and a school of tetras for tank mates?
    How do you care for this species?
    I have had mine for over 15 years in my 75G. He has several schools of tetras as tank mates. He eats anything that settles on the bottom of the tank. Be sure to provide a hiding space big enough for him. Mine likes to hangout amongst a big piece of driftwood.
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie