· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Bristlenose diet ?

0 Not allowed!
    I feed my bristlenose with algae wafers , lettuce and blanched carrots etc plus there is wood in the tank for them to munch on ,
    What i want to know is - should veges supplement wafers in their diet or the other way around ?, in essence what should their diet consist mostly of ( alot of conflicting info out there lol), and yes i know variety is key in any fish's diet but i wish to know which food i should lean towards

0 Not allowed!
    I grow bunches of hair algae outside for mine to munch on. They also get cucumber and blanched lettuce.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    cool , i do use cucumber but, i find it messier than carrot & do you use algae wafers , what's your take on them ?

BTW i have a 15 inch rtc to sell/trade here is a video of him

0 Not allowed!
    I throw a couple in when Im feeling too lazy to get them anything else. Cool fish... what do you want for him?
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    here is the description directly from the video on youtube -

Hybrid Red tail catfish for sale !
    $1000 tt ($900 if you pick it up before the end of the month)
    Shovelnose redtail hybrid
    8 months old
    15 inches
    eats anything but loves shrimp
    selling him because he's too small to be with my larger fish and too big to be with the smaller ones lol , i have him in a 500 gal that i want to use so i really want him gone soon , he's a cool fish though i'd keep him if i could

i also willing to trade for old aquariums , cuz i need some new growouts for fry (using half barrels right now lol)

0 Not allowed!
    Mine get cukes, summer squash or zucchini slices a few times a week. I just hack off a slice, stick a fork in it and toss it in the tank. I don't blanch mine. It lasts longer and doesn't get mushy. I do have algae pellets but it think it gets lost in the gravel. I also toss in a small amount of flakes now and then.

0 Not allowed!
    I usually do zucchini unblanched as it is less messy than blanched / cucumber. I also use pellets, I break the pellet into 4 or 6 pieces to reduce the squabbling / hogging. Putting single pellets or less peices than there are fish will mean that someone doesn't get fed. Pellets are great because they are quick when there is nothing else.

I have tried apple slice, but that was of no interest too them.

I also tried melon which they liked but it is even messier than blanched cucumber. So put it in in very small doses and be ready to clean the impellers and mechanical media in your filters.

Shelled peas I believe worked because they disappear and so I assume they ate them.

I also plan to try carrot soon.
    Mucky

Unusually I have nothing more to add...