· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by luvfins
    Great article as always!
    Dave, Do you by any chance know a good source of information for synodontis (upsidedown) catfish? Brown and black "tribal-like" markings...
    Yeah me :) Going to do a Synodontis primer like above, soon. If you have a photo of your catfish I can probably ID him for you. Probably Synodontis nigriventris, but would need a photo to be sure. You can check them out here.
    Great little catfish, especially in groups of five or better.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thanks! Ive been on there before but could never seem to find him. Now that I can see all the synodontis on one page he looks almost identical to this guy... http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog...?image_id=1576

or possibly (but hes not that fat)
    http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog...p?image_id=341

Im thinking the first one. Ill try to get a pic of him in the next few days. He likes to hide for a few days then come out and be very active for awhile. I want to get more of them, I keep checking where I got him, I may see if they will order me some.
    30g - 4 female dalmatian Mollies, 1 female gold crescent Swordtail, 1 female pineapple Swordtail, 2 female black and white Platies, 3 female peppered Platy fry, 2 female Guppies, 1 male Guppy, 10 Harlequin Rasboras, 1 peppered Cory, 1 bronze Cory
    10g - 1 male Dwarf Gourami, 1 Synodontis catfish, 1 female shark-fin Platy, 1 male hi-fin Platy
    10g - 12 Red Cherry Shrimp, 36 Fry (Mollies, Platies, Guppies)

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    What about the asian redtail cat?

I had an albino one a few years ago (before I was properly caring for my fish). Great fish. I wish I could find another one. Only cost me $7 or something, but I would pay $50 or more if I could find another. KEEP THEM ALONE!
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishguy2727
    What about the asian redtail cat?

I had an albino one a few years ago (before I was properly caring for my fish). Great fish. I wish I could find another one. Only cost me $7 or something, but I would pay $50 or more if I could find another. KEEP THEM ALONE!
    Fishguy,
    Other than the Iridescent Shark, which was more or less a cautionary entry due to its prohibitive size and schooling nature, I eschewed such fish like those of overwhelming predatory nature in my species list like your ARTC.
    I could have certainly added half a dozen or so such fish as your Asian red tail cat to the list, but seeing as I haven't kept such things for obvious reasons, I decided not to speak of them.
    I only put fish that I've kept in my lists.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Well they are a great option if the tank space is available. They hit about 2' and I am not aware of anyone keeping them successfully with anything else. If anyone has the tank size, likes the long-whiskered big catfish but can't do tiger shovelnose or South American redtails, these are a great option.
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.