Aquarium Forum
 


Menu
  · Tropical Fish Home
· Fish News
· Aquarium Forum
· Calculators
· Equipment reviews
· Free Aquarium Ebook
· Feedback
· Link to us
· Photo gallery
· Plant species
· Tropica Plant DB
Tropical fish species
· By Common name
· By Scientific name
Tropical Marine fish
· By Common name
· By Scientific name

_________________
  ...

Articles
  · African Cichlids
· Algae Control
· Aquarium Decoration
· Aquarium Resources
· Aquatic Plants
· Barb Fish
· Betta Fish
· Breeding Fish
· Catfish
· Central American Cichlids
· Cichlids
· Clownfish
· Corals
· Corydoras Catfish
· Discus Fish
· Dwarf Cichlids
· Fish Diseases
· Frogs and Turtles
· Goby Fish
· Goldfish
· Gourami
· Invertebrates
· Jellyfish
· Killiefish
· Lake Victoria Cichlids
· Livebearers
· Malawi Cichlids
· Marine Aquariums
· Marine Aquarium Fish
· Other Fish
· Pleco
· Predatory Fish
· Photography
· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    109

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    you needed one - korith   

    Talking Crazy Albino Cory


    0 Not allowed!
    Are albino corys just crazy or do I have a special fish. I will sometimes find him laying on his side looking like he's not gonna make it then 5 minutes later he's swimming around with no worries. He will swim like mad for short bursts too. He's a blast to watch though.
    16 Gallon Bow Front 3 Fancy Guppies - 1 Lamp Eye Tetra - 3 Albino Corys

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,455

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    No Message - Abbeys_Mom   Please accept this as a token of my appreciation - crackatinny   Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy   For being a great poster from Hobbs - hobbs   thank you so much!!!  you're awesome!  here's some champagne!  i know, you can't drink it!!  lololol - jeffs99dime   
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Abbeys_Mom   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Abbeys_Mom   Childhood Cancer - Abbeys_Mom   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Abbeys_Mom   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    My Yo Yo loach does that. I caught him bloated and belly up (literally) one evening. Turned out he had eaten a whole algae tab to himself and was feeling a tad bloated. He was fine in the morning. Silly thing over eats all the time, and then lays around "Thanksgiving Full", you can almost hear him groaning, lol. I am just more careful about leaving food in the tank now.
    Greatest Guitar Forum Ever
    www.thestringnetwork.com


  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    568

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    You Need A Gift - MeganL3985   
    Autism - nwnittany   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - nwnittany   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - nwnittany   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flakes4Bait
    Are albino corys just crazy or do I have a special fish. I will sometimes find him laying on his side looking like he's not gonna make it then 5 minutes later he's swimming around with no worries. He will swim like mad for short bursts too. He's a blast to watch though.
    Mine is just like that. Sits still on the bottom for a while then suddenly swims back and forth and scours the bottom for food. Occasionally, he'll zip up to the top and grab some air. We named him 'bumper' because when he is looking for food, he just swims along bumping into any other fish in his way without care.

    I thought for a while it was stress (I've had a prolonged period of time with less than optimal water conditions) but he's done this the entire time we've had him (even when the water conditions were great).

    Bumper is one of my favorite guys in the tank....
    Last edited by nwnittany; 06-22-2008 at 02:59 AM.
    -- nw
    125 fw community planted: 4 cory, 6 kuhli loach, 3 guppy, 1 gourami, 1 betta, 6 angel, 4 oto cats, 1 albino pleco, 3 yo-yo, 8 danio, 1 ghost knife

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    109

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    you needed one - korith   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Just a quick update. My albino cory has quickly become my favorite fish in the tank. He is very active and he will just suddenly shoot to the top of the tank for a breath and go straight back down leaving a stream of bubbles. Very fun, I need to get him a friend or two soon.
    16 Gallon Bow Front 3 Fancy Guppies - 1 Lamp Eye Tetra - 3 Albino Corys

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    crewe,cheshire,uk
    Posts
    6,193

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flakes4Bait
    Just a quick update. My albino cory has quickly become my favorite fish in the tank. He is very active and he will just suddenly shoot to the top of the tank for a breath and go straight back down leaving a stream of bubbles. Very fun, I need to get him a friend or two soon.
    try four more if you have the room
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

    chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    chennai , tn, india
    Posts
    1,389

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    you look a little bare - angelcakes   have a tetra! - cocoa_pleco   sorry for your loss - Gemstone   Active! - Wild Turkey   Active! - Wild Turkey   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I have never had one before now that you are all having fun I guess mts is going to strike again....Am going to dedicate a tank for them..
    It is better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    871

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    for you buddy - angelcakes   Have a gift, also! - Tigerbarb   Yo - Soxfan   Have another - Soxfan   Make it 3! - Soxfan   

    Talking


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nwnittany
    Mine is just like that. Sits still on the bottom for a while then suddenly swims back and forth and scours the bottom for food. Occasionally, he'll zip up to the top and grab some air. We named him 'bumper' because when he is looking for food, he just swims along bumping into any other fish in his way without care.

    I thought for a while it was stress (I've had a prolonged period of time with less than optimal water conditions) but he's done this the entire time we've had him (even when the water conditions were great).

    Bumper is one of my favorite guys in the tank....
    Mine is just like that as well....
    weird but fun to watch

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •