· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Talking Crazy Albino Cory

0 Not allowed!
    Are albino corys just crazy or do I have a special fish. I will sometimes find him laying on his side looking like he's not gonna make it then 5 minutes later he's swimming around with no worries. He will swim like mad for short bursts too. He's a blast to watch though.
    16 Gallon Bow Front 3 Fancy Guppies - 1 Lamp Eye Tetra - 3 Albino Corys

Awards Showcase

No Message - Abbeys_Mom Please accept this as a token of my appreciation - crackatinny Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy For being a great poster from Hobbs - hobbs thank you so much!!!  you're awesome!  here's some champagne!  i know, you can't drink it!!  lololol - jeffs99dime 
    A rose for you, just for being you....all Moms deserve flowers! - kimmers318 Back at ya! - hobbs Sorry I beat your Tetris record :D - Chrona You need some good luck! - Lady Hobbs That one might not be enough!! - Lady Hobbs 
    candy, little girl? - Lady Hobbs Happy Mothers Day! - Drumachine09 A Birthday drink - crackatinny WELCOME BACK! - Lady Hobbs Happy B-day, and thank you for the cake! - DemonShark 
    For your new tank - Northernguy Have another! - Northernguy 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Abbeys_Mom Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Abbeys_Mom Childhood Cancer - Abbeys_Mom Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Abbeys_Mom 

0 Not allowed!
    My Yo Yo loach does that. I caught him bloated and belly up (literally) one evening. Turned out he had eaten a whole algae tab to himself and was feeling a tad bloated. He was fine in the morning. Silly thing over eats all the time, and then lays around "Thanksgiving Full", you can almost hear him groaning, lol. I am just more careful about leaving food in the tank now.
    Greatest Guitar Forum Ever
    www.thestringnetwork.com

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flakes4Bait
    Are albino corys just crazy or do I have a special fish. I will sometimes find him laying on his side looking like he's not gonna make it then 5 minutes later he's swimming around with no worries. He will swim like mad for short bursts too. He's a blast to watch though.
    Mine is just like that. Sits still on the bottom for a while then suddenly swims back and forth and scours the bottom for food. Occasionally, he'll zip up to the top and grab some air. We named him 'bumper' because when he is looking for food, he just swims along bumping into any other fish in his way without care.

I thought for a while it was stress (I've had a prolonged period of time with less than optimal water conditions) but he's done this the entire time we've had him (even when the water conditions were great).

Bumper is one of my favorite guys in the tank....
    Last edited by nwnittany; 06-22-2008 at 03:59 AM.
    -- nw
    125 fw community planted: 4 cory, 6 kuhli loach, 3 guppy, 1 gourami, 1 betta, 6 angel, 4 oto cats, 1 albino pleco, 3 yo-yo, 8 danio, 1 ghost knife

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just a quick update. My albino cory has quickly become my favorite fish in the tank. He is very active and he will just suddenly shoot to the top of the tank for a breath and go straight back down leaving a stream of bubbles. Very fun, I need to get him a friend or two soon.
    16 Gallon Bow Front 3 Fancy Guppies - 1 Lamp Eye Tetra - 3 Albino Corys

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flakes4Bait
    Just a quick update. My albino cory has quickly become my favorite fish in the tank. He is very active and he will just suddenly shoot to the top of the tank for a breath and go straight back down leaving a stream of bubbles. Very fun, I need to get him a friend or two soon.
    try four more if you have the room
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have never had one before now that you are all having fun I guess mts is going to strike again....Am going to dedicate a tank for them..
    It is better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven

Talking

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nwnittany
    Mine is just like that. Sits still on the bottom for a while then suddenly swims back and forth and scours the bottom for food. Occasionally, he'll zip up to the top and grab some air. We named him 'bumper' because when he is looking for food, he just swims along bumping into any other fish in his way without care.

I thought for a while it was stress (I've had a prolonged period of time with less than optimal water conditions) but he's done this the entire time we've had him (even when the water conditions were great).

Bumper is one of my favorite guys in the tank....
    Mine is just like that as well....
    weird but fun to watch