· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have not ever used salt with my platy's and they regularly give us babies so they must be doing okay. Alot of people use salt as a tonic, a disease treatment, or as just general maintenance for their fish...and I have even seen a petstore who writes on most tanks "will do well with a little aquarium salt in their water" but my personal feeling is it isn't needed. If all is doing well, why attempt it? If you have something going on with your cory's maybe we can help, if you used salt and now realize it might not be so good, some water changes will dilute and eventually remove it. :)
    Kimmer

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Mollies are actually brackish, not freshwater. The fancier kinds need less salt because they have been bred in captivity for so long, but the more natural morphs need a decent amount of salt to thrive. They can actually live in saltwater and many people use them to cycle saltwater tanks, but this isn't really good for them since they aren't really saltwater fish.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I lost one of my corys today. He had an eye fungis so i put him in a different tank and used some fungi treatment. I think i used the wrong kind, on the back it said not to be used with sensative fish. i had him in there for about an hour when i noticed he was acting weird so i took him out. this morning he was barly hanging on. his eyes were cleared up but he didnt make it.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about your loss, I hope your other corys are doing well and that the fungus didn't spread!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Im definatly not going to use the jungle fungi guard on my corys again. I think what killed him was a mixture of too strong of a salution for him, and i put to much in. i only had him in a half a gallon of water and it said use one teaspoon for 10 gallons so it was hard to only put a little bit in. I tried to get a drop but a little more came out.

as for my other corys. one of them seems to be sitting in one spot alot and the other is acting fine. My ammonias high so im going to do a 50% water change hopefully that helps.