· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default salt with albino corys

0 Not allowed!
    if i put salt in my tank will it hurt my albino corys at all? I've read a few things that said there were sensative to it.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I really think that you should try not to. why are you putting the salt in?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have not read anywhere that corys tolerate salt well. In some tanks you can get away with a very small amount but even that isn't recommended. What is the purpose? If you are doing it for medical reasons you might want to try a salt bath for the infected fish that way you won't bother the corys. If you are looking to just keep low amounts of salt in the aquarium as a preventive measure, I would just not do it.
    Some innocents 'scape not the thunderbolt

0 Not allowed!
    None of the scaleless fish do well with salt.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    But cories have scales, nice thick ones. One book I was reading said that cories being intolerant of salt was just a myth. Either way I woudl not do it. They are fw, not brackish or sw, so no salt. If it is needed for disease treatment, I would not expose the cories to salt. Either move them out and treat the main tank or move out the sick fish and treat the hospital tank.
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the reason why i wanted to put salt into my aquarium is because i have platies and it when i bought them the little discription said that they need salt in the aquarium. Is this true?

0 Not allowed!
    Not that I've heard. My platies do fine without it. Platies do color up beautiful with the color enhanced food. You may want to try it sometimes.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am using a mixture of tetracolor and tetramin. is that a good brand or should i try something else?

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    They by no means need salt. I had the biggest ones I have ever seen grow up in a 10 gallon with no salt or heater, and I fed Hikari Cichlid Gold baby. They love it (as do all my current community fish).
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

0 Not allowed!
    Mollies like salt and can do very well even in a brakish tank, eventhough they are freshwater. Platys I never heard of liking salt.
    Wife's Tank
    20 Gallon tall
    12 plants with dual T5's and dry ferts- Iron, Potassium and CO2
    6-Pygmy Cories, 4-Red Wag Platys, 6-X-ray Tetras 1-Scissor tail guppy.

My tank
    120 Gallon
    with 2 Florida Atlantic Stingrays and 12 Mystery Snails- soon as our couch is delivered.