· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Exactly. I have seen pictures of some 'high end' goldfish. The pearlscales seem to be the worst. Some are so bad their gills can barely open up enough to let water through because the body is so swollen. Yet people are honored to spend $250 on one. I pick out ones that are round-bodied, but have no problems with it. Mine have no problems swimming, buoyancy control, digestive flow, and are hardy (for fancies).
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I do not understand. Are balloon mollies unnatural manufactured fish or is the balloon an illness?

0 Not allowed!
    The balloon is not natural. I believe it is the result of selective breeding.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, balloon mollies are the result of selective breeding, like all of the other balloon-bodied fish I have seen except parrots. Selective breeding is what was done to produce all of the different breeds of dogs. Although since I have not seen any intermediate balloons (partially ballooned) it seems it may be a single recessive trait that popped up all at once, like albinism.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Is it really any more UNnatural for fish of different species to interbreed in a tank situation, as it is for them to be in a tank situation in the first place? First we lock them up, then we say they can't even pretend to act natural, and do what comes natural to all species of living creature I know of?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Another good point. Another reason not to freak out if someone doesn't have a 'natural' diet, 'natural' setup, etc.

0 Not allowed!
    I have to respectfully disagree at this point. I do not believe that simply because our fish are in the unnatural environment of an aquarium it relieves us of attempting to create a more natural environment in that aquarium. Our goal should be to put as little stress on the fish in that tank as possible, emulating their natural environment as much as possible will do that. I don't think this is necessarily an argument against keeping fish at all since often times we are able to provide an even better environment in our tanks then the fish would have in the wild. In our tanks we control water quality and it can always be at it's best. We can ensure that a full, well rounded diet is available, and we remove the threat of predation for these fish.

Just my point of view on that issue.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I do not mean that people shouldn't try to simulate the natural environment, it is the best place to start when determining ideal care. I just don't think it is the only way to go, so something unnatural isn't necessarily worse than the more 'natural' way.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishguy2727
    I just don't think it is the only way to go, so something unnatural isn't necessarily worse than the more 'natural' way.
    Oh, I completely agree with you. Sorry if it sounded as though I didn't. I don't have a problem with "unnatural" things as well, after all, I feed NLS. LOL

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I think this is getting back to my article 'nature is not necessarily ideal'.