· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New cat:)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts - Lady Hobbs   And another - Lady Hobbs   What he had up his --- - Chrona   No, serioulsy. EVERYONE KICK HIM! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gm72   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gm72   

0 Not allowed!
    She's beautiful. Congrats on the rescue.

I completely understand where you are coming from. All 5 of our dogs and 6 cats are rescues.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts. Have a cookie! - Drumachine09   Good luck with your fishie - RobbieG   Loving what you bring to the forum. Hope you are a long-term friend here! - gm72   For being you - Nick_Pavlovski   Whatever yu want it to be - crackatinny   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MeganL3985   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MeganL3985   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MeganL3985   Gay and Lesbian Pride - MeganL3985   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MeganL3985   

0 Not allowed!
    Awe what an adorable cat! She looks like she has a little milk mustache! hehe :) I wouldn't worry about her not warming up just yet. She's been switched through homes and terrorized by kids, I'd be weary of new people if I were her too. lol I think she'll warm up given time to see that your not going to hurt her, just love her.
    *Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What Your Up To*

Tanks-
    55 Gallon--On Hold, In Storage...
    20 Gallon High--Tetra and Cory's
    5 Gallon Hex--Guppies (3 Female, 2 Male)
    2.5 Gallon Mini Bow--Future ADF Habitat
    <3 RIP--To My Former Fishies <3

*Aquatic Lounge Chatroom*
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Cheers - Cliff   Merry Christmas! - Plecos   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year! - Plecos   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue   Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue   

0 Not allowed!
    ConCATulations!
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 3 Fancies, 2 Comets
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You deserve a gift ! :) - MeganL3985   For doing research!  BTW...college ;) - Rue   Put him with Bruce.... - jbeining75   Its good to have company - smaug   Thought this might help while your're sick. Hope you feel better soon. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Ellen4God   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ellen4God   

0 Not allowed!
    What a gorgeous cat!! I hope it works out well for you :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

And time for YOUR gifts - Lady Hobbs   another - Lady Hobbs   lol - Lady Hobbs   No Message - Lady Hobbs   have a blue discus! - cocoa_pleco   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - tiggely   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - tiggely   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - tiggely   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sandy_n   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - sandy_n   

0 Not allowed!
    She's really pretty. Good luck. I'm sure with time and patience she'll become a new kitty.
    You can't play nice with people who don't play by the rules!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    See if you can get her to take this. I rescued 12 kittens and cats from the pound a few years ago, and one adult cat in particular was a terror. Fed him that personally for about 10 days before he mellowed out, but was forced to use barb-b-cue tongs to get the tube close to him for several days to keep him from attacking me.
    Looks like a nearly pure bred seal point Siamese there. Good looking kitty.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

sorry about your cat, but 18 years old is a impressive age! - cocoa_pleco   Heres To Those Baby Angels Of Yours! :) - MeganL3985   oscar drinking party! - cocoa_pleco   for quiz answer - Dave66   From one mom to another, cheers! - SkarloeysMom   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - arkie   

0 Not allowed!
    congrats on the new addition and well done to you for rescuing her. i understand the feeling of rescuing cats, my family have been doing it for so many years and at one stage we had 30 or something!!!
    and thats great to hear you have an outdoor enclosure, we do too! it saves them being hit on the road and they dont kill half as much wildlife as the could if they were running loose in the neighbour. the only thing they kill now are the stupid tiger snakes that slide in there. they have killed around ten in the past 15 years and we havent lost a single cat to a bite!!!
    hats off to you, the homeless cats in the world need more like you.
    4ft cichlid community
    4ft community tank
    2ft endler guppy tank
    think i have MTS!!!!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because You Need A Gift - MeganL3985   For Your Green Efforts - MeganL3985   For your great posts! - alfcea   Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea   Thank you for always being willing and quick to help - Gemini   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks everyone:)

According to Pet Rescue she's a birman/tonkinese cross, but that's just something they guessed at.

She's really warming up to us now, especially hubby, and it's only been 2 days. She lets him scratch her and she's stopped hissing at us and running away whenever we go near her. She's still a bit skeptical when we move around, but if we lie on the floor she's fine.

Pet Rescue gave us a Feliway diffuser which we are using, and they also gave is a really mild sedative/anti anxiety/anti depressant drug, which they recommend that we use. We prefer not to drug animals tho, and so far we've had no reason to use it.

Poor thing, it would be so scary to be uprooted from the only existence she's ever known. She's been an indoor cat and an only cat her whole life, and now she gets to go out and see other cats all at once. She hasn't been introduced to the others yet, they've just looked at each other through the glass doors. Thai has done the mandatory hissing, but nothing bad, and our 4 cats don't really seem to care. They are curious about her but they don't show any signs of aggressiveness towards her.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because You Need A Gift - MeganL3985   For Your Green Efforts - MeganL3985   For your great posts! - alfcea   Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea   Thank you for always being willing and quick to help - Gemini   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you looked a little bare - Algenco   No Message - Angila   just thought i would say hi - sncrowe   

0 Not allowed!
    COngrats what a sweet looking cat! what a great big heart u have for rescueing her!