· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Technically all algae are not plants, but protists. Even kelp is not a plant, but a protist. Some algae (like bluegreen) are bacteria, which come would count as not an algae since it is not a protist. The simplest plants are mosses, ferns, etc.
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I love this post Dave! Thanks for the knowledge.
    55g- blood parrots, hatchetfish, SAE, bristlenose plecos
    75G-oscar

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Another fantastic article - i love this site :)

Saved me starting a new noob post about the algae in my cold water tank. I've already told my snail to start looking for another job...
    I thought about getting another snail but am put off by horror stories of snails overrunning tanks.

I also think my tank is at it's max stock level, although I could move the zebra danio's into my tropical tank with the others to make some room for snails. Will the zebras take to the water temperature change after 8 months of being in cold water?

The new tropical tank will have bristlenoses in it... if i ever find any to buy. Seems to be a shortage in my part of Scotland. Not that i would add them quite yet anyway. The tank is too young and there is no algae for them to eat!
    13 gallon - coldwater with 3 Zebra Danios, 3 White Cloud Minnows, 2 Orandas and an Apple Snail
    30 gallon - 6 Zebra Danios, 2 Bristlenose Plecs, 1 Blue Neon Dwarf Gourami, 1 Female dwarf Gourami, 10 Neon Tetra's and 5 Julii Corys

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This is great. Thanks.

Awards Showcase

For your generosity! - Sir Tristen Thanks! - Wild Turkey Because your cool :) LOL - lovleeko Thought you could use some good algae. Is there such a thing. LOL - lovleeko stocking Rams - Algenco 
    reducing my stock - Algenco don't want to be overstocked - Algenco More algae for your BN's - toddnbecka Something for your tank,  and for being a good sport. - Brookfish Congratulations on your awards - Celtic Fins 
    Happy Easter! - Northernguy thanks for the help and the encouragement - mommy1 have a happy easter banana - mommy1 thanks for the rep, sorry it's late! - lucyinthesky You need another! lol - Northernguy 
    Congrats on your award! - Brookfish for all the encouragment - mommy1 Glad the surgery went well!!! - Gayle No Message - mommy1 Glad you came through the op ok mate! - Brookfish 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - bushwhacker 

0 Not allowed!
    well in order to fight the BGA in my 55 gallon i just swapped lights put 216 watts over that tank, hope i dont kill the plants in the 75 as they are just over 1 1/4 watt now 108 watts
    The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
    RIP Roscoe. We will meet again Bug.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Can anyone tell the light spectrum that algae mostly uses?

For example 1 flo Blue, 1 flo (4500k cool white) ,1 flo groluks 6500k,and 1 flo 10000 K daylight.

I especially wonder about blue light.
    120 Lt NuklearPlanted with Balistic Neons

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    They produce food via photosynthesis with green pigment, so the ideal kelvin color is about 6500K or so.
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

0 Not allowed!
    Excellent article Dave. I never minded having some algae in my tanks, I just try to keep it from getting out of control. Also, for those with algae eating fish, it makes little sense to completely eliminate the algae and have to replace this naturally occurring food source with prepared foods. In my hillstream tank, I actually take steps to encourage algae growth as it is their natural food source.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This is a great article, wish i had come across this sooner. Thanks Dave

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you, oh saver of my sanity!
    20gal long planted community