· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    GB....how bout an update??? I updated mine!!!! Ok....well...I'm about to.

0 Not allowed!
    Not much to update, I'd take a picture but the tank looks dirty with all the pods crawling all over the glass. I have a Monticap Frag coming sometime soon and supposedly some pink and some blue zoas as well (hint hint) so I will get some pics and an update when those all arrive.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Awards Showcase

For doing such good research!! - Rue hehe. - Tolley nascar prize - sailor Happy Birthday! - squirt_12 For rescuing feeders!  Way to go! - Rue 
    Thanks for the rep! - robnepper To the only guy to quote himself! - Mr.Prototype Thinking of Noah & your family xxx - Fishalicious For your 1 year at AC xxx - Fishalicious Not enough gifts - The Red Severum 
    you need more! - The Red Severum one more! - The Red Severum won the lottery with your donation, had to buy you a beer - mrs fishpatrick Time for another round! - northernguy A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey 
    Here's one on the house, Nick. - robnepper Merry Christmas - Northernguy Thanks!! - Wild Turkey your info has been great the last couple of days - The Red Severum I appreciate your generousity! - Brookfish 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - NickFish Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NickFish Childhood Cancer - NickFish Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - NickFish 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredulous_Ed
    Pffft, kids these days. ack in my day, a 300gal was a nano reef! anyone thinking of keeping one in less than 100gal was insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by gem
    Kids??? LOL You can't possibly be THAT old. And if you are...then technology and understanding of NSW chemistry and coral husbandry has come far enough along to actually allow such miniature reef tanks. The lack of information and understanding is what made it insane even 20 years ago to have a SW tank any smaller than 100 gal.
    Gem.....Ed's post is what we call sarcasm-A statement in which it is obvious from context that the speaker means the opposite of what he or she says. lol!

Can't wait to see the tank finished GB! Sounds like you won't be able to go very far from home for awhile, those things need a ton of maintenence!
    Last edited by NickFish; 06-21-2008 at 01:05 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    I have a very tight fitting lid and I run my SG on the low side. I can actually get away with not topping it up for a couple of days without any problems. Nitrates won't get out of hand, I have no fish or shrimp to create problems. The only thing I need to stay on top of is my Alkalinity, Calcium, and orther essential elements and those I get when I top up and when I do water changes. All my corals are small right now so none of those things are being used quickly.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nick....thanks for the insight. I know what sarcasm is.....just didn't read that way. Hard to tell in type and when you don't know someone. LOL What's funny is...I'm probably old enough to be his mother.....so I was typing and thinking....hmmmmph cocky little teenager. LMAO

GB....I know I know......it's coming!!!! LOL I have the box sitting here with your addy on it and everything.

Awards Showcase

Here ya go. - Tigerbarb A little something for a friend!! - Patriot Thanks for being there! - NickFish have a gift - mitcore :D - harls_aussie 
    I hope your dwarf gourami gets better!!! - Blue Ram A little something for my troubles - Tigerbarb Here you go mate! - Tolley My gift, lol - Tigerbarb Another one of my gifts lol - Tigerbarb 
    happy birthday - digger MORE!!! - Tigerbarb thanks! - The Red Severum you have no frog lol - angelcakes the closest thing to a moorish idol :) - Tigerbarb 
    here you go :) - OscarFan Have an oscar bud! - Soxfan For you my homie - xximanoobxx Happy Holidays - travie Merry Christmas - KingFisher 

0 Not allowed!
    My question is how you can even work with 2.5 gallons of space. I was wanting a 2.5g reef for my computer desk, until I found out how much maintenance would go into it and that the cost to set up a 10-20g was not dramatically higher.
    "Everybody knows, you only live a day, but it's brilliant anyway..."
    Elliott smith

20g nano reef
    55g FOWLR saltwater
    29g planted freshwater
    10g planted freshwater

0 Not allowed!
    You use 10" tweezers for aquascaping Tigerbarb. There's very little room to use your hands, I don't use my hands in my tanks anyway.

Awards Showcase

For doing such good research!! - Rue hehe. - Tolley nascar prize - sailor Happy Birthday! - squirt_12 For rescuing feeders!  Way to go! - Rue 
    Thanks for the rep! - robnepper To the only guy to quote himself! - Mr.Prototype Thinking of Noah & your family xxx - Fishalicious For your 1 year at AC xxx - Fishalicious Not enough gifts - The Red Severum 
    you need more! - The Red Severum one more! - The Red Severum won the lottery with your donation, had to buy you a beer - mrs fishpatrick Time for another round! - northernguy A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey 
    Here's one on the house, Nick. - robnepper Merry Christmas - Northernguy Thanks!! - Wild Turkey your info has been great the last couple of days - The Red Severum I appreciate your generousity! - Brookfish 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - NickFish Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NickFish Childhood Cancer - NickFish Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - NickFish 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gem
    Nick....thanks for the insight. I know what sarcasm is.....just didn't read that way. Hard to tell in type and when you don't know someone. LOL What's funny is...I'm probably old enough to be his mother.....so I was typing and thinking....hmmmmph cocky little teenager. LMAO
    It is hard to tell sometimes, since you can't hear the persons voice.

What are you keeping the calcium and SG at in that tank ILMGB?

0 Not allowed!
    Nick, I use Oceanic Salt so my Ca reading is usually over off the scale of my test kit but after a while it does drop and it is maintained about about 500-600. I keep the SG in the tank at right around 1.023 to allow for the small amount of evaporation that I get. When the tank is full it is at 1.023 but will creep up to about 1.024 with evaporation.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    500-600? Wow! That's pretty high GB. It's my understanding 450 is good but s/b under 500. At least that's what reefers here agree on. But then.....I could be wrong.

tigerbarb - no there isn't a whole lot of room to work with....but you can make a really nice aquascape in a 2.5. I have often posted a FTS of my 2.5 pico and had people shocked that it was that small as they said it looked from the picture to be at least a 20. But, yes they require alot of maintenance. Even a 10 gal isn't for the lazy aquarist. 2.5 gal even more so. the whole idea of doing a pico that small is the challenge of it. Kind of a "because I can" thing. I've done it quite succesfully. It takes dedication.....or rather close to obsessiveness.......to keep one going healthy.