· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Pretty much going to be sticking to different colored Zoas and Green Star Polyps in there, it is a very high flow tank and thus not really suitable for a lot of soft corals. I am considering trying a Monticap in there simply because I do have such high flow and sufficient light. The biggest drawback to that would be the calcium need for that coral since it is a SPS. In such a small tank, that calcium need could become a problem.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

0 Not allowed!
    You can try shrooms and ric's.
    New chatroom!

0 Not allowed!
    I have a single Mushroom in there right now, but really, the flow is way too high for it. I have a 100x/hour turnover rate in there.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

0 Not allowed!
    It looks nice already and will be looking great when you're done.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Brad...it really isn't that hard to keep calcium up in the pico. You pretty much replace it with every water change. With a tank that small stick with larger than normal water changes. I did nearly a gallon a week on mine. Had no problem keeping calcium at 450. The monti should be ok in there. You can also mix kalkwasser in with your top off water. That should eliminate any need to dose for calcium or kh. But I would still test frequently. If you do end up dosing.....use a two part, like B-Ionic. Gonna be kind of hard to figure out dose though.

0 Not allowed!
    I'll see, I may try it. Just need to find someone with a frag of it around here.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What???? Send me money...I'll get you a frag of Monti and send it with the other stuff. Like Orange? $14.99 if there's any left. Good sized frag too.

And BTW. Have been messing with my pico tonight. Hehehehehe

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, I wasn't meaning that nobody here has it, I just need to contact them. :)

0 Not allowed!
    Pffft, kids these days. ack in my day, a 300gal was a nano reef! anyone thinking of keeping one in less than 100gal was insane.
    CORRECTED video of my fish. This link works. For sure. Really.

Tanks:
    20g long: 4 panda cories, 1 honey gourami, 1 apistogramma borellii, 1 male cacatuoides
    20g High: 3 bolivian rams, 12 rasboras
    8g hex: empty
    5g: empty

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Kids??? LOL You can't possibly be THAT old. And if you are...then technology and understanding of NSW chemistry and coral husbandry has come far enough along to actually allow such miniature reef tanks. The lack of information and understanding is what made it insane even 20 years ago to have a SW tank any smaller than 100 gal.