· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you look a little bare - angelcakes   have a tetra! - cocoa_pleco   sorry for your loss - Gemstone   Active! - Wild Turkey   Active! - Wild Turkey   

Unhappy Help..Hookworm in goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    Hi this morning I found two normal golds and one of my black moore with hook worms on their tail fin.I removed thos hook worms and increased the salt level in water and added the DR.MEDI medicine,apart from which I have also added a pinch of tetracyclin 250mg,Is this ok?please give me some suggestion
    It is better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you look a little bare - angelcakes   have a tetra! - cocoa_pleco   sorry for your loss - Gemstone   Active! - Wild Turkey   Active! - Wild Turkey   

Angry

0 Not allowed!
    Hello anybody at all who knows about hook worm or am I naming it wrong?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    me it sounds like a parasitic worm possible anchour worm so heres some advice if it is,
    The anchor worm can be removed with tweezers from the infected fish, the bloody spot dipped once with iodine or hydrogen peroxide on a cotton swab, and then daily application of neosporin creme. If the anchor worm is on a newly aquired fish in quarantine, thats mostly all thats needed. If the whole tank is infected, additional measures are asked for. Medications like Dimillin or Program as well as other readily available remedies are neccessary in that case. Anchors Away can be used, and has (Dimillin)Diflubenzuron as main ingredient. Salt is great as well.

Precautions:Even though the visible anchor worm might be removed, there is still a good chance that there are larvae in the tank, especially if the tank is heavily infested. Before the anchor worm can be seen,damage could already be done to the gills and skin of the fish. Secondary infections from the open wound are also possible, so a round of medicated food is a good idea.

good luck buddy but anchour worm is the only thing i can come up with
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    sorry it is called anchor worms on net but called hook worms here...my mistake sorry..

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcakes
    me it sounds like a parasitic worm possible anchour worm so heres some advice if it is,
    The anchor worm can be removed with tweezers from the infected fish, the bloody spot dipped once with iodine or hydrogen peroxide on a cotton swab, and then daily application of neosporin creme. If the anchor worm is on a newly aquired fish in quarantine, thats mostly all thats needed. If the whole tank is infected, additional measures are asked for. Medications like Dimillin or Program as well as other readily available remedies are neccessary in that case. Anchors Away can be used, and has (Dimillin)Diflubenzuron as main ingredient. Salt is great as well.

Precautions:Even though the visible anchor worm might be removed, there is still a good chance that there are larvae in the tank, especially if the tank is heavily infested. Before the anchor worm can be seen,damage could already be done to the gills and skin of the fish. Secondary infections from the open wound are also possible, so a round of medicated food is a good idea.

good luck buddy but anchour worm is the only thing i can come up with
    Thank you soooooo much you didnt let me down buddy....thanks a lot....I appreciate your effort
    Last edited by donvichu; 06-09-2008 at 07:46 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by donvichu
    sorry it is called anchor worms on net but called hook worms here...my mistake sorry..
    dont apologise some meanings mean something else in another part of the world.......i knew what you meant
    angelcakes (penny)
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you soooooo much you didnt let me down....thanks a lot
    glad to of helped
    angelcakes (penny)
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcakes
    dont apologise some meanings mean something else in another part of the world.......i knew what you meant
    your help really means a lot to me cos every fish is like my kid...thanks a lot

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Please suggest if I can change blog topic from hookworm to Anchorworm please angelcakes

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Please suggest if I can change blog topic from hookworm to Anchorworm please angelcakes
    if you mean the title in thread i dont think you can change it,if you can i dont know how to change it
    angelcakes (penny)
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link