Aquarium Forum
 


Menu
  · Tropical Fish Home
· Fish News
· Aquarium Forum
· Buy & Sell
· Calculators
· Equipment reviews
· Free Aquarium Ebook
· Feedback
· Link to us
· Photo gallery
· Plant species
· Tropica Plant DB
Tropical fish species
· By Common name
· By Scientific name
Tropical Marine fish
· By Common name
· By Scientific name

_________________
 
      
        Via paypal

  AC news is a part of
      Nature Blog Network

      Reef Aquarium Blog

Privacy & Ad Policy

Articles
  · African Cichlids
· Algae Control
· Aquarium Decoration
· Aquarium Resources
· Aquatic Plants
· Barb Fish
· Betta Fish
· Breeding Fish
· Catfish
· Central American Cichlids
· Cichlids
· Clownfish
· Corals
· Corydoras Catfish
· Discus Fish
· Dwarf Cichlids
· Fish Diseases
· Frogs and Turtles
· Goby Fish
· Goldfish
· Gourami
· Invertebrates
· Jellyfish
· Killiefish
· Lake Victoria Cichlids
· Livebearers
· Malawi Cichlids
· Marine Aquariums
· Marine Aquarium Fish
· Other Fish
· Pleco
· Predatory Fish
· Photography
· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave66
    Hobbsy,
    Have to have the size because I keep 42 Glossolepis incisus, and the males reach six inches each. Keep them with a bunch Melanotaenia praecox and four dozen Iriatherina werneri. Bunch of Botia haunt the bottom realm
    Remembered your Boseman's are from New Guinea, not Australia.

    Dave
    Hoping because they are all Melanotaenia that they will be OK but if not, those will have to be kept with my tetra's.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,321

    Awards Showcase

    You deserve a gift ! :) - MeganL3985 For doing research!  BTW...college ;) - Rue Put him with Bruce.... - jbeining75 Its good to have company - smaug Thought this might help while your're sick. Hope you feel better soon. - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    For the cards - William An Apple For Teaching Grad!  Congrats! - MeganL3985 You deserve to let yourself go for all the hard work you did to graduate!!! - Bolivian Ram Here's an apple for the teacher, great job Ellen - sailor A koi, because they love being in a school!! - smaug 
    Congrats on the job - sailor congrats on the job ! - Algenco For getting your teaching job - snipers_den Welcome back! - fins_n_fur merry xmas - smaug 
    For the new tank - Northernguy Way to go! DIY Stand. - Northernguy My condolances to you and your family. - Mith Good Luck, thanks for the rep! - Wild Turkey I thought you might like a Frontosa. - Brookfish 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Ellen4God Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ellen4God 

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I've always thought rainbowfish were pretty! Can't wait to see pictures. :)

  3. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    rainbows are my favourite fish. i have two baby murray river rainbows and they are not aggressive at all so far. my uncle has 6 tanks of rainbows atm and hes breeding most of them. lake kitubu rainbows are great and so are the salmon reds just love all of them and cant wait to set up a tank for them. do you think a 3ft will provide enough swimming room for them.
    20 Gallon-4 Platies, 9 Neon Tetras, 1 Albino, 3 Bronze Corydoras, 2 Murray River Rainbowfish
    7.5 Gallon-Stocking
    6 Gallon-1 Male Betta

    2 Gallon-1 Male betta

  4. #14

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Hoping because they are all Melanotaenia that they will be OK but if not, those will have to be kept with my tetra's.
    Hobbsy,
    Aussie and New Guinea rainbows can be kept in the same tank, as long as they are in schools of their fellows.
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

    Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

    The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

  5. #15

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MelonMan
    rainbows are my favourite fish. i have two baby murray river rainbows and they are not aggressive at all so far. my uncle has 6 tanks of rainbows atm and hes breeding most of them. lake kitubu rainbows are great and so are the salmon reds just love all of them and cant wait to set up a tank for them. do you think a 3ft will provide enough swimming room for them.
    Short answer, no. The salmon red (Glossolepis incisus) males grow to six inches, the females about an inch less. The males are heavy-bodied fish and thus need a much larger aquarium than a 3 footer. They also need to be kept in groups of their fellows.
    Neon rainbows (Melanotaenia praecox) top out at two inches, so you could keep a group of up to 12 of them in your three-foot tank. Rainbowfish need planted tanks to feel secure, so keep that in mind.

    Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

    Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

    The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

  6. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave66
    Short answer, no. The salmon red (Glossolepis incisus) males grow to six inches, the females about an inch less. The males are heavy-bodied fish and thus need a much larger aquarium than a 3 footer. They also need to be kept in groups of their fellows.
    Neon rainbows (Melanotaenia praecox) top out at two inches, so you could keep a group of up to 12 of them in your three-foot tank. Rainbowfish need planted tanks to feel secure, so keep that in mind.

    Dave
    Sorry dave I didnt really say my question very well. I wasnt asking if those particular types of rainbows were good for a 3ft I was asking about the smaller types(which i should have told you lol). i was thinking about the smaller types like neons, furcatus, celebes and so on sorry for the misunderstanding. i might do some neon and furcatus rainbows with 10-12 julli corydoras and about 8 of each rainbow
    20 Gallon-4 Platies, 9 Neon Tetras, 1 Albino, 3 Bronze Corydoras, 2 Murray River Rainbowfish
    7.5 Gallon-Stocking
    6 Gallon-1 Male Betta

    2 Gallon-1 Male betta

  7. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The tank will look stunning Lady Hobbs! Can't wait for the pics!
    20g long 84w, fluorite, planted, 5 Habrosus Corys, MTS, pair of Clown Pleco (L104)
    20gal tall: home to 10 brevis. Letting them pair off then will put the rest into the 55.
    55g empty

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •