· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

welcome to ac! - cocoa_pleco lol, have a heavy beer too! - cocoa_pleco mixing your drinks, I see - Lady Hobbs hobbs, he aint goin anywhere without a margarita! - cocoa_pleco let's get corked - Lady Hobbs 
    shaken. stirred, or both? lol - cocoa_pleco BEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! - cocoa_pleco Awesome stuff! Heres to you! - S13DWS thought we could share a drink - mitcore trust me, you will need this after all that alcohol - Kuli_Loach 
    For being a great guy x - Fishalicious cheers pal :) - arkie Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 you rock man - arkie Merry Christmas - Stay the way you are - The Best!!! - Fishalicious 
    Merry Christmas ya dog lover! - RichBowyer Merry christmas! - cocoa_pleco merry christmas and a happy new year :-) - mitcore i felt like being nice.... enjoy it, it doesnt happen very often lol - arkie happy new year babe - arkie 
    HIV/AIDS - digital3 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - digital3 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - digital3 

Default My PetSmart Adventure...

0 Not allowed!
    OK, first thing's first: Pet Smart Rocks!

So I decided to buy a second filter for my 55. I currently have a Filstar XP3 so I decided I wanted an XP2 as well. Now normally, the local "big chain" pet shops like Pet Smart and PetCo. usually have fairly high prices when it comes to Aquarium equipment and the customer service/knowledge leaves much to be desired. But TODAY was an exception....

I had heard around here that Pet Smart does price matching, so I thought I would put them to the test because I didn't want to pay for shipping ordering online and I didn't want to wait. I found the XP2 at this one site: http://www.animalworldnetwork.com/aqphrefixp2c.html which is just a ridiculous deal. As you can see, about 100 bucks! At Pet Smart they sell them for about 150. So I printed the ad, went in, and they TOTALLY honored the price.... W00T! End of story all is good right?!!?! I don't think so!

So I get everything hooked up, I'm ready to go, plug the sucker in, and...

nothing!

No water suction, no noise, NOTHING. So I crack the sucker open and see if anything is clogged and to my shock... THE THING IS MISSING THE FRIGGIN' IMPELLER!!!! I look all over the packaging, everywhere... It is gone. Man, I was so pissed. I'm swearin', yellin'! Cause I have it already hooked up and flooded with water and don't really want to dismantle the thing to return it. In fact, I remember seeing that it was the last one they had and that the box was thrashed.

My lovely wife, ever so patiently calms me down and calls the store to explain the situation. And to my surprise they tell me I can come in with my receipt (cause the manager remembered me from the price match), and they will pull the impeller from the XP1 that they had in stock and I can take that. I don't even have to bring anything in but the receipt. Is that customer service or what? So all is good right?

I get to the store and meet up with their manager. We crack open the box for the Xp1 and to our astonishment.... THAT ONE'S IMPELLER IS MISSING TOO! WTF! Someone is actually jacking impellers from those things. I couldn't believe it. I'm figuring, most people who buy from these big chains are beginners and aren't usually buying canisters. Plus, once you're experienced and ready to step up to a canister you probably know that you're going to get a better deal online anyway. So I could see where these have probably been missing for a while as they probably don't go through that much stock.

So the manager calls the store in the next city. Does a stock check for the Xp2 and has their manager open the box up to ensure it has an impeller before sending me there. They let me go over there (once again with only my receipt) and pick up my impeller. And now I'm a happy boy with my filtration up and running.

So in the end. I want to give total props to PetSmart and their management. This store is located in Covina, California and the Manager's name is Jessica. I know there are a couple SoCal people reading. Please drop by and give them your business. To me, that was bending over backwards and they earned a customer for life. I plan to contact their corporate offices and make sure that this individual is recognized for all she did for me.

Also, I want to give props to my wife. I was about to give up and order the part from Rena. She kept a level head and without her, I wouldn't have gotten what I needed. She's wonderful that way.

Anyway just thought I would share...
    "My call sign is digital3... But you can call me Joda!"
    Click Here to visit my Blog
    Click Here to see my Pics S.S.A.A.C. & S.R.S.

55 gal. planted (Co2 Pressurized) - 1 Featherfin Syno, 2 Bolivian Rams, 2 SAEs, 3 Congo Tetras, 4 Long Fin Rosy Barbs, 6 Sunset Platys, 2 Lyre Tailed Swordtails, 3 Peppered Corys, 2 YoYo Loaches
    3 gal. planted nano (no Co2) - 1 spotted puffer, 3 Neon Tetras

Awards Showcase

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco You make me laugh! - Drumachine09 And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco 
    There. Thats better. - Drumachine09 maybe one day we can enjoy one of these - sergo Congrats you recived a RAK gift enjoy! - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark 
    Cheers! - Nick_Pavlovski Since Wendy's is only open 4 hours! - aliz340 For Your Help And Friendship - MeganL3985 Hope you a good time in Germany - alizee340 Good to have you back around the forum! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    Thanks....you could use some Luck with your fish too! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for helping whne it's needed! - **AquaQueen** Back at you, CP! - Dave66 You send me fruit I send you pizza!! LOL!! - 2manyfish a fish for the new 5.5g salt! lol - cocoa_pleco 
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - cocoa_pleco Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cocoa_pleco Childhood Cancer - cocoa_pleco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - cocoa_pleco 

0 Not allowed!
    lol, we need to find the impeller bandit!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    wow 100 bucks with the price match... hrmm this gives me ideas..... not to mention the 13 or so $$ you saved on shipping... very smart buy my friend
    55 Gallon Tank - Anacharis - 3 Tiger Barbs - 1 Rainbow Shark - 1 Curvicep - 1 Gold Severum - 1 Plecostomus
    30 Gallon Tank - Planning for SW
    18 Gallon Tank - Anacharis - 2 Flame Dwarf Gouramis - 2 Paradise Blue Gouramis - 1 Dwarf Gouramis - 1 Rainbow Shark
    10 Gallon Tank - Java Moss - 5 Neon Tetra - 35 Cherry Shrimp
    10 Gallon Tank - Amazon Sword - Anacharis - Fril - Java Moss - Moneywort - Parrot Feather - 4 Ramshorn Snails

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    are impellers for those expensive to replace????

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome!! I love Petsmart, but I don't have one really near me. The two that I have been to always have super healthy fish and staff that really know their stuff. Their prices on almost everything are way cheaper than anywhere else. I wish I had one closer, the Petco near me is okay, but they don't have the same selection of anything that Petsmart does.
    Lindsay

23g FW Community ~ 2.5g antique slate-bottom plakat betta ~ 4g antique slate bottom plakat betta

0 Not allowed!
    *runs away with all the impellers*
    CORRECTED video of my fish. This link works. For sure. Really.

Tanks:
    20g long: 4 panda cories, 1 honey gourami, 1 apistogramma borellii, 1 male cacatuoides
    20g High: 3 bolivian rams, 12 rasboras
    8g hex: empty
    5g: empty

Awards Showcase

sorry about your cat, but 18 years old is a impressive age! - cocoa_pleco Heres To Those Baby Angels Of Yours! :) - MeganL3985 oscar drinking party! - cocoa_pleco for quiz answer - Dave66 From one mom to another, cheers! - SkarloeysMom 
    cause you are a nice person - mitcore my shout - crackatinny For my fellow StarWars geek, cheers right back at ya - digital3 This just in...  Arkie RULES!!!! - digital3 Merry Christmas Girl :) - MeganL3985 
    Looks like another hangover LOL - crackatinny Merry Christmas! - SkarloeysMom Happy Holidays Sweet Cheeks! - digital3 Happy new year, share it with bro, LOL - crackatinny Aussie Aussie Aussie Oy Oy Oy! - Dave66 
    happy new year to you too! - cocoa_pleco hot there? hope this makes you cool :) - Blu-ray for fixing my mistake, thanks - mitcore oscar par-tay! lol - cocoa_pleco after today, I think you may need a break, Happy V-Day  also... - Pr0eve 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - arkie 

0 Not allowed!
    thats so cool that everything worked out in the end digital!!!!!
    *spies ed running away with a pocket full of impellers, i start to give chase* lol
    4ft cichlid community
    4ft community tank
    2ft endler guppy tank
    think i have MTS!!!!!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cool,
    I actually work at Petsmart. That is very true, we do price matching just bring in the printed paper and we will give you the same price. We also return your money or exchange your fish if they died within 14 days of sale date. Hmmmm anyone have any other questions?

Awards Showcase

welcome to ac! - cocoa_pleco lol, have a heavy beer too! - cocoa_pleco mixing your drinks, I see - Lady Hobbs hobbs, he aint goin anywhere without a margarita! - cocoa_pleco let's get corked - Lady Hobbs 
    shaken. stirred, or both? lol - cocoa_pleco BEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! - cocoa_pleco Awesome stuff! Heres to you! - S13DWS thought we could share a drink - mitcore trust me, you will need this after all that alcohol - Kuli_Loach 
    For being a great guy x - Fishalicious cheers pal :) - arkie Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 you rock man - arkie Merry Christmas - Stay the way you are - The Best!!! - Fishalicious 
    Merry Christmas ya dog lover! - RichBowyer Merry christmas! - cocoa_pleco merry christmas and a happy new year :-) - mitcore i felt like being nice.... enjoy it, it doesnt happen very often lol - arkie happy new year babe - arkie 
    HIV/AIDS - digital3 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - digital3 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - digital3 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by krisco
    are impellers for those expensive to replace????
    Impellers are about 25 bucks. But I think you can only get them for the Filstars directly from the manufacture website. I actually like that about these filters; every part is replaceable.

My wife mentioned maybe it's the smaller shops trying to resell them to previous owners as replacements. Being able to replace individual parts definitely adds to the longevity of your filter. It looks like you can literally build a filter just buying all the parts separately. If anyone is curious, here's the parts RENA sells for their filters:

http://rena-aquatics-outlet.planetre...tar-Parts.html
    "My call sign is digital3... But you can call me Joda!"
    Click Here to visit my Blog
    Click Here to see my Pics S.S.A.A.C. & S.R.S.

55 gal. planted (Co2 Pressurized) - 1 Featherfin Syno, 2 Bolivian Rams, 2 SAEs, 3 Congo Tetras, 4 Long Fin Rosy Barbs, 6 Sunset Platys, 2 Lyre Tailed Swordtails, 3 Peppered Corys, 2 YoYo Loaches
    3 gal. planted nano (no Co2) - 1 spotted puffer, 3 Neon Tetras

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The petsmart I go to is pretty good. The people that work in the fish departement aren't that smart when it comes to asking a question but I broght a Dr.Fosters and Smiths book in and they price matched me 5 different items on one ticket. I saved a TON of money that day and their customer service has always been very generous, just the knowledge of fish lacks. lol
    Hugs
    Jenn
    30 Gallon
    4 White Clouds "the fab 4"
    1 Powder Blue Gourami "ohgo"
    1 Chinese hillstream Loach "sucky"
    1 kuhli loach
    4 neon tetra
    2 glow light tetra?
    1 golden white cloud
    Java Moss
    Java Fern