· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help My Cory!!!

1. Default Help My Cory!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Hello,

My Cory is not very big. Probably 2-3 inches long. Anyway, I noticed last night that his belly is extreamly bloated. It is huge! I hope I am not going to lose him. Is this common? If not then what could be causing this? Can anyone help?
    Fish....The Smart Pet To Have!

Bubba Oscar Fish
    August 2005 - April 8, 2007
    Rest in Peace old friend.

Awards Showcase

No Message - Abbeys_Mom Please accept this as a token of my appreciation - crackatinny Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy For being a great poster from Hobbs - hobbs thank you so much!!!  you're awesome!  here's some champagne!  i know, you can't drink it!!  lololol - jeffs99dime 
    A rose for you, just for being you....all Moms deserve flowers! - kimmers318 Back at ya! - hobbs Sorry I beat your Tetris record :D - Chrona You need some good luck! - Lady Hobbs That one might not be enough!! - Lady Hobbs 
    candy, little girl? - Lady Hobbs Happy Mothers Day! - Drumachine09 A Birthday drink - crackatinny WELCOME BACK! - Lady Hobbs Happy B-day, and thank you for the cake! - DemonShark 
    For your new tank - Northernguy Have another! - Northernguy 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Abbeys_Mom Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Abbeys_Mom Childhood Cancer - Abbeys_Mom Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Abbeys_Mom 

0 Not allowed!
    Is his anus red? It could be bloat. I would quarantine him right away regardless of what it might be.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I plan on it as soon as I get home. I am not sure what is going on. I know that a thermometer broke in my tank a while back and I had a Blue Convict that had the same thing happen to him and he ended up dieing. I hope there isn't any trace of the thermometer left becaus if there is do you think that could have something to do with it?

Bubba Oscar Fish

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here are some pictures. I fed my Oscar and my Cory came up to the top and took one of his pellets and ate it. He is eating so that is a good thing right????

Bubba Oscar Fish

0 Not allowed!
    Has he been eating greens? Maybe some peas or some other greens may help incase he's constipated. My platies look the same way. So fat almost mis-shaped.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah but this was an overnight thing. One day skinny the next day big and fat like this. I might throw some greens in there for him to eat. I am just really worried about him. Anyone here have any idea what is going on with my Cory?

Bubba Oscar Fish

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am not sure what the heck is going on but have to ask what kind of cory that is...haven't seen one before....cool looking little guy. Several things come to mind...bloat (but not sure if cories are prone to it), internal parasites, or maybe even a female laden with eggs???? Try doing some general cory research for ideas on where to head. The biggest reason I don't suspect bloat is because I believe that is generally an illness that fish get when they should eat more greens and less protein, and my cory's get bloodworms almost daily without seeing any issues.
    Kimmer

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    He is super cool and I am really worried about him. I just hope he will be alright. Like I said, he has been eating so it isn't like he isn't feeling well. He looks like his guts are about to blow out though. I have done general research on the web and have found nothing about bloating or anything about inlarged stomache area. I hope he is going to be okay......:(

Bubba Oscar Fish